Fourteen

Cleared.

The best news I received today! Bin and I discussed meeting as soon as his quarantine was over but he insisted in getting the proper medical consultations to make sure he was safe to see me.

And finally, finally, I was headed to his place.

"Do you mind if we have dinner at my place? I've set up the outdoor space for us," he asked a few days ago.

"Oooh, fancy! What are you up to, Bin-ssi?" I teased.

"Ye Jin-ssi, don't spoil it. It's already a horrible surpise because you found out days ago," he said, and I could picture him pouting at his failure to keep his secret.

I chuckled and agreed to meet him there. "I can't wait to see you!"

"I feel the same. It's been too long," he said.

Too long indeed.

The drive, parking and the elevator ride seemed to go by quickly and I was soon standing by his door. For a second, I wondered if I should just enter or ring the doorbell, so I called to be safe. "I'm here!"

In a few seconds, the door opened and I jumped in his arms. "I missed you, Bin-ssi!"

Shutting the door with one hand while keeping me safe with the other, he smiled, "I've missed you! Why didn't you let yourself in?"

I pulled back and shrugged. "I wasn't sure if the surprise started once I got here."

He chuckled and I took that time to stare. "Jin-ssi, why are you looking at me like that?"

I frowned. "You're sunburned."

"I put sunscreen like you said, but yes I still got very dark."

"And even more handsome than I remember!" I exclaimed and he still blushed. I reached out to touch the facial hair he had grown while he was away.

"I still have a few scenes to do here so I couldn't shave it off yet," he said apologetically. "Do you dislike it so much?"

"It's very scratchy," I admitted. "But..."

He waited for what I would say next.

"I'm so glad you're home."

And with that, he took me in his arms again and we stayed that way for a little bit — Just relishing that we were in the same space after weeks of being apart. When we finally pulled apart, he helped me out of my coat and asked for my bag so he could put it in storage. I handed the coat but not my purse. "I need something here," was all I said.

Once that was done, he escorted me to the outdoor space connected to his dining area. There, a table for two was set with a trellis of flowers set up with fairy lights making the entire area look like it was taken out of a romantic movie. "Omo! Bin-ssi, this is beautiful!"

"I did most of the work myself since I couldn't have people come in. But, of course, the flowers were brought in this morning. Do you truly like it?"

I nodded and proceeded to inspect the variety of flowers he had.

"Take a seat, I'll get our salads."

"Oh good, I'm starving," I said, taking one garden chair and then admiring the place settings. It was a simple set up, with white plates and gold cutlery, but the flower centerpiece was filled with white roses like the ones growing in my garden. "Oh beautiful," I commented. "Can I take these home later, Bin-ssi?"