Twenty

Note: This is part of the prompts requested.

I locked myself in the bedroom annoyed at that discussion with Bin. Of course I knew that there would be romantic scenes and even intimate ones in some scripts that we get, I was not saying that he should decline all of them. I was merely saying that the one for this particular script was too much.

He knocked. "Hey! That's my bedroom!"

I looked around and had to chuckle. Oh yeah, that's right. This is not my house. I can be too comfortable with Bin sometimes.

My pride held me back from coming out at once and I felt like I wasn't ready to have a level-headed discussion with him, so held my ground. When he was no longer knocking, I looked at how he decorated his space. I had seen this before, of course, but I never stayed long enough. Whenever we slept over at each other's houses, it was always the guest rooms in both houses. Of course then, we were just friends.

I had to smile. Here we are now, I thought. More than friends and having our first big couple's fight.

His bedroom was simple, with very little clutter. A bed, side tables, a console table that held a few items at the opposite wall — that was it. That was the main bedroom. I suspect his other stuff was hidden in his walk-in closet but I didn't want to pry; I would wait until he invited me to look there.

I did indulge in glancing at the books he kept on his desk. One book was on politics, the next on financial investments and the last one on film directing. I picked up that last one because I noticed that the bookmark he used was quite wide and showed the partial view of a forehead. Curiously, I opened the book to the marked page. To my surprise, the photo was of a woman.

That woman was me during my guesting on his series, Secret Garden.

The quality of the photo was quite good eventhough the edges showed signs of age. This was not a new picture and it was not just printed out. It must have been during filming.

"Oh, Bin-ssi! You are such a sweet man," I said to no one. He wasn't lying when he said he was a proper fan.

I've decided that this fight had gone on long enough so I went out to check on him and found him asleep. Checking the clock, I realized that it had been hours. Oh my poor baby. I gazed at his handsome face, not wanting to bother his sleep.

He may have been a fan but he has proven himself to be a great friend and now boyfriend. How could I have doubted that he would always have my best interests at heart?

I thought back to the time we were still filming our drama.

It was the height of winter and close to the finale, we were filming almost daily to make sure production had enough time for editing and quality checks to make sure that the output was the best we could make it. We all loved our series and everyone was determined to give 100% to filming.

Filming outdoors in winter was never easy. Take after take, being exposed to the cold until late hours at night or early the next morning, heading home to take a few hours of sleep then back at it again — it takes its toll. But I've been doing this so long that I've learned to cope, so I've stocked up on vitamins and trying to eat healthy food.

While waiting for one of the takes, Bin looked at me and commented, "You look a little pale."

"I woke up with a headache today," I said. "It's all good."

He looked skeptical but said nothing. "Do you have enough heating pads in your coat?"

I nodded. As the day wore on, I felt like a cold was coming in and I asked my assistant to make sure I had cold medicines. "Try not to show Bin. He's going to get worried."