Chapter 1

Hello readers! I'm Jazzy, if you didn't know already. Welcome to the story: Start to something new. If you haven't guessed already by the title, there will be some singing later on in the chapter. ♪(^^*) There's a bit of mature language in this story. No smut, though.

*******************************************************************

Harry was at 12 Grimmauld place with Hermione and Ron. It was hard being back here without Sirius. Everything reminded him of Sirius. It was like he never left, never went through the veil. He pushed that depressing thought away as he remembered how much he had suffered. He had even thought of harming himself to numb him from the emotional pain, but Hermione and Ron thankfully helped him through that state.

He loved his two best friends so much; they were literally like brother and sister to him. Even if Ron wasn't the one who normally would give hugs, Hermione was, and he loved her cuddly hugs. They were nice, much like Mrs Weasley's hugs. It was like having another mother, but one his own age. He would die for those two, even if their loving nature was... disgustingly cute. It was just love between those two, and Harry just felt like he was a third wheel. Even though he used to have Ginny as a girlfriend, he still felt incomplete. He felt as if something was missing in his life.

Harry just wanted a place to stay, that's why he was at Grimmauld place, especially after breaking up with Ginny. It was just too hard, he had to get away. Ron hadn't even talked to him in over a month, but Harry didn't mind, he knew about the consequences. It's just bad luck having your best mate ignore you because you broke their little sisters' heart. But Harry never really liked Ginny in the lovey-dovey kind of way. Not like how Ron ogles over Hermione. That was just something real, it was true love. Ginny was just too much of a sister to Harry and he realized he was only dating her because he wanted to be a part of their family. But he didn't need to date her to be a part of this amazing family, he was already loved by them so what else could he get from them? Besides, it was like he was dating Ron, Ginny was just a female version of Ron but with breasts.

Harry sat on the dark lounge chair in 12 Grimmauld place. He could tell Ron was looking at him like looks could kill and Hermione just didn't know what to do in this situation.

"I can't believe you, Harry," Ron said disappointingly, his chin dipping to his chest. "You broke her heart."

"I said I was sorry, Ron!" Harry said seriously. Why couldn't his best mate just take the apology? Hermione sighed, she didn't want to come in between her boyfriend and best friend.

"I just..." Ron trailed off. He just couldn't be mad at Harry even though he knew he should.

"You just...?" Harry repeated his best mates' words. "What is it, Ron? Spit it out!"

And then Ron walked out of the room, leaving Harry alone in the loungeroom and Hermione followed him out.

Harry ran his hand through his hair and laid back down on the couch with a sigh. This was just...hard. He wanted to come out to his best friends but doesn't know how. How could he tell Ron that he never liked Ginny? That he was gay. Would Hermione and Ron accept him. But come on, they fought threw a war together. A literal war with an evil creep of a wizard.

Harry realized since his fifth year that he didn't want a girl at all. He wanted a guy in his life. A loving, handsome, funny, sweet guy. Girl lips were just so small and boring for him. And back in his fifth year, after playing a muggle game of 'Spin the bottle', he was chosen to kiss Dean Thomas. He remembered how nervous he was when the guy actually leaned forward to kiss him. He remembered how hot his face felt as Dean's face neared his own. But as he felt the other man's lips on his own, he felt something that Cho and Ginny couldn't make him feel. It was sort of a homey feeling, it felt natural. So very natural that when Dean deepened the kiss, he just melted into the loving embrace even if he didn't feel anything for his fellow Gryffindor. But just remembering how exciting and passionate the kiss had told him that what he wants in his life is a guy.