Chapter 4

[Harry] – when singing

{Draco} – when singing

(both) – when singing

Harry, Ron, and Hermione apparated into a dark alleyway near a muggle bar named 'Riverbar'. There were a couple of blokes smoking cigarettes but the two wizards and witch sent the stench away with a non-verbal spell. They could hear music from a radio coming from the inside, and as they got closer, voices were heard. When entering through the large black doors into the reception area, the flashes of blue and white strobe lights hit their eyes.

"Hello, can I see your ID?" asked a tall dark brown-haired male at the desk.

"Sure thing!" said Hermione and reached into her red purse to pull out three little white cards. When the man gave her a questionable expression, she hesitated, smiled, and said, "I don't trust these little misfits with their ID cards. Harry, here, loses everything he owns in a matter of hours and Ron just completely forgets where he puts them."

Harry raised an eyebrow at Hermione but looked away, not wanting whatever this little shenanigan is to fail.

The man nodded, looked at the ID cards Hermione showed him and gestured them to the entrance to the bar. "Watch your step, by the way."

"Thank you, sir," said Hermione, smiling brightly. She placed the cards back in her purse and linked arms with Ron and Harry.

The sound of voices grew louder as they entered the bar. Barstools were heard being dragged around, the clink of ice in a highball drink, the whirl of a blender, and the thump of a bottle and glass on the bar.

A male bartender with rolled up sleeves was moving from one side of the blue and white bar to the other end of the counter. Blue wooden stools lined up along the counter, there was a wall of alcohol bottles, stem glasses were hanging upside down above the male bartender's head. Half empty cocktails and wine glasses were dispersed out on the counter. There were a few empty tables with upside down shot glasses and crumpled napkins, but the rest were full. There even was a karaoke stage, with a young dark-haired female who had a really pitchy voice.

Can someone please get her off the stage, thought Harry with a scowl. He doesn't mind if people are singing, whether they're good or bad at it, but can they at least either tune it down a little or just not sing at all?

Hermione led Ron and Harry to the counter to where the bartender stood. "Want anything, Ron, Harry?"

"Just a cocktail," said Harry. "The usual one I get."

Hermione nodded at him. "Ron?"

"A beer," said Ron simply, smiling at her.

Hermione smiled back and went to order their drinks.

Harry just leaned his elbow against the counter and looked around the bar, spotting quite a lot of handsome blokes but they were mainly with woman. So many hot guys are either straight or taken. He continued to look around the bar, earning a few smiles from woman. He smiled back at them but focused his attention back on the males.

That's when he saw a blonde male. Tall, pointy, and high cheekbones, obviously very handsome, but seated with a girl with short black hair and a dark-skinned man. He couldn't tell if that guy was either with the girl or the guy. But he totally didn't mind if the bloke was taken. He should have known. The blonde males quite a view. But only if that bloke was free...

"Harry," said a soft voice. It was Hermione, who continued to stare knowingly at him. "You look like you've seen an angel."

Harry smiled with a blush and turned his head to look at her. "Yeah, something like that."