41章 ; she's back in tokyo.

˗ˏ 💸 ˎ˗‍‍‍‍

✎ ᝰ┆ @tokkidino
——— • 価格 • ———

» [chapter forty-one] « 0:00 ─〇───── 1:11 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

0:00 ─〇───── 1:11
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

___ ° ° '

SEVERAL KNOCKS was heard by the door in Modern Crime Prevention Headquarters' room, your fingers flicked the pen you were holding and continued scribbling on the paper.

"Kamei, please kindly check who is knocking on the door." Kiyomizu said and the chosen person obediently followed. He quickly stood up and walked towards the door.

When Kamei opened the door, one figure was shown at the sight. But you didn't really looked at the person's face.

You could faintly hear Kamei saying, "Yes. I'll tell them straight away."

After the door was closed, he went back to his seat again to continue his work while saying; "(Y/n), Kato- your mother is waiting for you in the lobby."

You blinked a couple times, you were perplexed at what you just heard. You slowly turned your head to Kato with a look of disbelief, your brother had the same expression on his face.

"Please follow what is instructed." the weighty-boss in the room reminds you two, making you both just stand up to exit the room.

To describe what you were feeling was too complex to say, because in such a random time where it was just an average day of work- unexpectedly, your mother came to say that she is still actually alive.

Your heart was loudly and clearly thudding on your chest, you felt like fainting right on the spot. Especially because you remembered that you were adopted by this women. And your thoughts were already buffering and messy as hell.

And to remind yourself, you have never saw how and what she looks like.

After four or more minutes of marching through the lobby, you quickly hid behind your brother's back and peeked at the women sitting on a stool.

She had short, taupe locks of hair with the same color of Kato's eyes. In all honesty, both of them looked similar- almost more like siblings than you with him.

(a/n: ouch are u ok (y/n))

The women's body was slim, she has pale and delicate skin- she smiled when she saw you and Kato taking steps towards her.

"Her smile is literally the carbon copy of Kato's smile."

Your expression became empty as you hid closely behind Kato, your eyes were stuck and glued on the ground. No idea how to react nor what to say.

"I'm glad to see you and Kato again." her smile widens even more while she pats the vacant chair near her.

Kato sits on a chair, and you quickly did the same thing beside his chair. You still forced yourself to avoid eye-contact to the female.