I scrolled through twitter as I lay in bed, it was so weird having people actually know it was my birthday and saying something to me, I was so used to not even recognizing it myself. I turned off my phone and stare blankly at my ceiling, I felt my eyes begin to water.

I didn't know if I was sad, confused, angry, or happy, just a strong wave of emotion rushed over me. I ran my fingers thought my hair gripping it tightly at the roots for a moment before letting go. I just hated today, but I wanted to go into it with a better mindset, I just was unsure if I was able to.

_

"Violet " my mom yelled knocking on my door, I slowly woke up, lifting up my head from my pillow, "yeah?" she walked in with a plate that had two pancakes with a purple candle ontop, "happy birthday" my mom walked over to me, handing me the glass plate, I gave her a tired smile "thank you" "make a wish" I blew out the candle, without a wish in mind but in heart.

"eat and then start to get ready," she told me, I nodded my head not thinking much of it. I looked out my window as I ate my birthday breakfast, my mind empty. I stood up and looked at my closet, I pulled out a light purple tank top with some big baggy jeans and a white shoelace to use as a belt.

The purple made my green eyes pop, ironic that my name is Violet and my favorite color is purple. I put on the same everyday makeup and left my hair down and wavy. I got a phone call from Toby, "hey!" "happy birthday Vie!" he said, "thank you" "question, are you doing anything right now?" I was confused by his statement, "no, why?" "just wondering, go outside," Toby told me, "why?" "I got you a package and I wanna see if it's there".

I left my room and went downstairs, "there's nothing on my porch" "look to the left" I glanced to the side and saw a brown haired boy holding the phone up to his ear with a smile on his face. I looked over at him wide-eyed, "holy shit" I ran over and pulled him into a hug, "what the fuck are you doing here?" "surprise," Toby said sweetly.

"what the fuck?" another familiar British accent said, no way.

a/n: 800 reads in two days?! wtf, thank you<3