Oumeno (Kokichi Oma x Himiko Yumeno)

I've never been a huge fan of this. I know it's pretty popular, two smol fan favorites together, but I don't like it. Himiko is super depressed and Kokichi is really not the right person to help with depression given all the issues he has of his own. I'm pretty sure their first interaction is him calling her ugly, and their few interactions throughout the rest of the game are negative. With Himiko being so fragile and Kokichi being so cruel, I don't feel like that would be a healthy relationship.

I do kind of see the merit. They look really cute together, and if Kokichi ever managed to grow a heart I could kind of see them working out, but with the way they are in-game I don't think they would function well together. I could see something where Kokichi basically annoys Himiko into showing her emotions more and she's genuinely grateful to him and he doesn't know how to take it and goddamn it I'm writing mental fanfiction again, but other than specific scenarios like that I don't think it'd happen naturally. Granted, that doesn't necessarily determine the merit of a ship, and if Himiko ever managed to get past Kokichi's fuckery and they got together they might actually work out, and now I'm thinking that they're actually a really cute couple and FUCK I've swapped sides on this like five times now, but... ugh.

Within the context of the game, no, I don't ship it. Himiko is not in a good emotional headspace for Kokichi's bullshit. But in other, more specific scenarios, especially in the event that one of them intentionally approaches the other rather than them being forced into the same space... yeah, I like it. I did not expect to do a complete 180 in the process of writing this, but I have to admit they've got potential.

I'm bumping these guys up to a 6.5/10.