Hinanami (Hajime Hinata x Chiaki Nanami)

I may not like Hajime, but goddamn it do I love ships with Hajime. I don't know why, individually I find his excessive salt super annoying, but I feel like his overly salty nature plays off others really well.

I like Hinanami. Not as much as Naegiri, but I like it. It's cute. I think it's a little overrated, but whatever. Still cute. Chiaki is adorable, her interactions with Hajime are adorable, and I think their relationship actually progressed pretty naturally in the game. It was kind of forced in the anime, but let's be honest here, that's the least of the issues with the anime. It's kind of reverse Naegiri in a way - Hajime doesn't really notice Chiaki at first, but as he realizes how smart she is combined with her complete adorableness he slowly starts to fall in love with her.

And then when she dies... the only thing more heartbreaking than her death in the game is her death in the anime. I was straight-up bawling the entire time. (To be fair, everything makes me cry, but still.) I'll cover her death in the anime in more detail in the Kaminami chapter, because technically it involves Izuru and not Hajime, but in the game, I think her death works well as a point of character growth for Hajime, at least more so than Sayaka's death does for Makoto. He gets his heart broken, he's devastated, but he has to keep moving on. Don't get me wrong, Hajime is an obnoxious little twerp (fight me), but I can't say I hate his character development. His love for Chiaki came about naturally enough and then was shattered into pieces, and his growth from that makes him a strong enough character.

I can tell I'm about to start rambling so I'll just cut this short: Hinanami gets a solid 8/10.