Sondam (Sonia Nevermind x Gundham Tanaka)

My opinion on this might be heavily influenced by my intense love for hamster boy, but goddamn it do I love Sondam.

Just... the way he blushes and hides in his scarf whenever she compliments him... the way she's genuinely impressed with his hamsters and thinks they're adorable... their shared interest in the dark arts... it's all perfect.

Granted, this might also be fueled by my hatred of Kazuichi and desire to see him fail. He's an annoying little shit who happens to have some good moments and endearing qualities, that's all. And like... Sonia obviously hates you, man. She started off a little wary or even mildly amused by your simping but then as you gradually started getting more and more creepy got fed up with you and started to hate you. She doesn't like you, so stop bothering her already you pink-haired shark rat.

That being said, my dislike of Kazuichi is outweighed by my love for Gundham, and he clearly really likes her. He doesn't get all weird and creepy about it, he's adorably awkward whenever she compliments him, and they have compatable personalities. She's a princess who likes serial killers; he's an adorkable scene kid who loves animals. A tale as old as time.

I've seen the argument that they wouldn't work out because Gunham mentions at the end of his Island Mode route that he just wants to settle down for a quiet life with his animals and a partner, and Sonia is duty bound to become the next princess of Novoselic, a human-filled scene which Gundham would absolutely despise, but honestly... does that really matter? Even if their lifestyles aren't compatable in the slightest, it doesn't change the fact that they're a really adorable couple, and if they did manage to work out they'd have an absolutely beautiful relationship.

Yes, it's a little basic. Yes, they probably could never realistically date. But that doesn't change the fact that they're a great couple who could very easily take over the world.

9/10.