Chapter 40

Dahyun's POV

As the big waves crash on the shore, the wind blew that made my hair dance. The sun is slowly rising as the dark is fading. I get to see sunrise and sunsets often now since I live here by the sea. It's relaxing and calming just by seeing the sea.

It's been seven years. I've been here for seven years without contacting the others, just Sang Bum Oppa and Jin Oppa. I just can't seem to find what I should say to the others I think it wasn't necessary and I don't wanna burden them with my nonsense talks. It was peaceful and relaxing here. I get to live the life I wanted but there's something still missing, I don't know what it is but I'm contented with my life right now.

I just don't want to ask for more. The last time I did, it brought me pain.

"Ga Eun!" I looked at Min Hyuk who called me. He was running towards me with his blue floral button-down shirt and khaki shorts. I smiled at him. He runs like a kid running towards his Mother. So cute.

I got up and brushed off some sand in my butt when he neared me "Good Morning" I greeted him while he was panting, catching his breath. "Mornin'" he greeted back when he's breathing finally went fine.

Min Hyuk lives here since birth. He was always there to bug and pester me when I was new here. He's a caring and loving person if you get to know him. His features were the opposite. Muscles, tanned skin, not so big body built but inside he was a softball of cuteness.

We're always together in those 7 years, we're like a pair of magnets. Well, that's what the others say.

"Let's go" he said. We kinda do everything together since then. I always have my breakfast at their house after I watch the sunrise, he also watches it with me too sometimes. Depends on what time he wakes up.

I live here just near the shore. While he lives near the resto-bar out there. It's just a small community they have here. They don't have many technologies.

We started walking to their house when he puts his arm on my shoulder. He always does that saying I'm small and he can't help it. I was annoyed at him for the first few months I got here. He always loves to tease and joke around I was irritated but eventually got used to it.

His teasing and joking kinda help me divert my thoughts.

"Did you took a bath?" he asked

"Of course" I answered as I smelled myself confirming if I do smell bad.

"You stink girl eww" he said in a girly voice that made me laugh he sound and looked ridiculous. Seeing a man with muscles in a girly voice is just so funny. He matched it with his other hand covering his nose.

"Stop that you look stupid" I said while laughing.

"I just want you to laugh" he said now with his normal voice.

"And why is that?" I said still laughing a bit.

"When I saw you at the beach. You looked lost I--I don't know sad maybe. It's been seven years Ga Eun. You know you can talk to me right?" He said that made me stopped from walking, do I look like that? How would he know?

He was like my therapist when I got here. It was hard opening up to someone new but eventually, it came out normally.

I smiled widely at him "Thank you, Min Hyuk" I thanked and continued walking still with his arm on my shoulder.

"For?"

"For being here...by my side" I said. That made him smile and I bet he'd get cocky about it later. I seldom say my "thank you" to him even though I am thankful for him being my friend.