Perciver

See the title? Pretty impressive, right? You could probably do better.

Summary: Oliver Wood didn't think much about his dormmate, Percy Weasley. He was just so... uptight and strict and... apparently into Quidditch just like everyone else.

Ship(s): *eventual Oliver/Percy

*because they're first years

Additional notes: based off headcanon made by fivenamereveals (me) in Tumblr

Word count: 783

They first met on the train. Oliver had been searching for a compartment when he bumped into a tall red-haired boy with clothes that were rather worn down.

They sat down together and the redhead, Percy Weasley (Oliver had already guessed the Weasley part), immediately pulled out a book.

"Reading already?" Oliver said.

Percy peered at him through his glasses. "Yeah?"

Oliver huffed and leaned back. "Boooriiing!"

"I'm sorry, boring? You didn't just call reading a book, which is very important for our education, boring," Percy said heatedly.

Oliver considered this for a moment. "Do you have a book on Quidditch?"

Percy sighed, rolled his eyes, and promptly disappeared behind his book.

Oliver counted his silence as a win. He was way too uptight. Hopefully they wouldn't be in the same house.

Just his luck. Not only were they in the same house, but they were also dormmates. At least they didn't interact much. Percy almost always had a book on hand and was very attentive during class.

Does he even know what fun was? Oliver wondered on more than one occasion. Sometimes, he felt like he was sharing a dorm with a mini McGonagall, who coincidentally happened to be their Head of House.

He wasn't the only one who noticed. Their other dormmates sometimes called him Percy McGonagall behind his back. It was a bit mean-spirited in Oliver's opinion, but he didn't do anything about it.

The first Quidditch match of the year was approaching fast. It seemed as though everyone was sitting on pins and needles waiting for the Saturday to come.

Everyone but Percy, but Oliver hardly noticed. He did, however, notice Percy didn't have a book with him when they headed to the stands.

"You wish you were up there, don't you?" Percy said softly.

Oliver started. Percy rarely initiated conversations, and when he did, it was usually disapproving. "Yeah, I do. I've always wanted to be the captain."

"I won't be surprised if you do." Though his tone was dry, Oliver felt like he was being sincere.

Madam Hooch blew on the whistle and they were off.

Oliver watched the Quaffle as it was passed back and forth... taken by the other team... passed back and forth... thrown toward the hoop... blocked...

"Come on," Percy muttered beside him. Oliver cast a sidelong glance to see his eyes shining.

That was new, Oliver mused, but he didn't have long to ponder over it before he heard cheering from the Slytherins. They must've just scored.

Percy was wriggling in his seat as if he had sat in an ant mound. Oliver couldn't help but look at him again, but then a broom whizzed by and he snapped back to the pitch just in time to see Gryffindor score.

"Yes!!" he yelled, only to break off as Percy leapt to his feet his screams lost in the rest of Gryffindors'.

"No!" Percy exclaimed as a Slytherin Chaser grabbed onto a Gryffindor's broom. "That's cheating!"

He actually knew the rules, Oliver realized. Then his mind flashed back to the past week. He had assumed Percy had been reading for class, but then he realized the book had been Quidditch Through the Ages.

In the end, Gryffindor lost. Oliver stormed back to the castle muttering under his breath. Only to pause when he realized someone else was muttering unde their breath.

It was Percy. "If they hadn't smashed into the Chaser, we might've won."

"Yeah," said Oliver.

Percy suddenly grabbed his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes. "When you become the captain, you better win for us. Understand?"

Oliver, alarmed by his intensity, nodded quickly.

"Good." As if realizing what he was doing, Percy let go and ran inside.

Something changed between them after that. Percy was still fairly uptight, but when it was just him and Oliver, he allowed himself to loosen up and actually joined in whenever Oliver went on long rants about Quidditch.

"I can just see it now," he said dreamily. "Me, captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and you, Gryffindor prefect."

Percy glanced his way. "You think I'll be prefect?"

Oliver shrugged. "Sure, why not? You do want that, don't you?"

"Well, yes," Percy replied. "But my younger brothers, the twins I mentioned, tease me a lot."

He sounded flippant, but Oliver could see it bothered him. "You know what, Perce?"

"What?"

"You won't just be prefect. You'll be Head Boy! Then we can both drive everyone mental!"

Percy burst out laughing. It was the first time Oliver had ever heard him sound so carefree. "Well, we already do."

"Perfect!" Oliver exclaimed. "Getting them prepared. Slytherin won't stand a chance with us in front."

As one can probably infer, my naming skills are on point.