Literally Tying the Knot

Just a fluffy little drabble (well, it's a little longer than 100 words, so I guess it's technically a ficlet?? But anyway)

Summary: Harry has faced Voldemort twice now, plus a supposed criminal, plus ridicule from the wizarding world, but a stupid tie is what proves to the biggest challenge yet. Good thing he has Ron by his side.

Ship(s): Harry and Ron or Harry/Ron (romantic, platonic, doesn't matter)

Word count: 173

Dean and Seamus had left nearly ten minutes ago and Neville had followed not even a minute later, all dressed up in their everyday school robes and shoes and hats. Harry, however, was still barefoot, his hat was on the bed, and his tie was just so freaking stubborn.

"You almost ready?" Ron asked, sitting up, having just finished with his shoelaces.

"No," Harry said miserably, still fighting with his tie. After a few seconds, he threw his hands in the air. "I give up. Let's just get going and hope Malfoy doesn't make a comment."

But Ron stopped him before he could head for the door. "Here, let me."

His fingers took Harry's mangled tie and deftly fixed it up within seconds. "All better."

Harry sighed and looked up at Ron. "I love you," he said.

"No need to get all sappy," Ron said, but he was grinning.

Harry put on his shoes — which he was able to tie without Ron's help — and his hat, and, side by side, they finally headed out to the common room, where Hermione was waiting.

Titling is freaking difficult at times. And by at times, I mean all the time.