love?

Y/N tried to blend in. Though temporary, she thought of it as the best solution. Nothing made sense and acting out would probably worsen everything.

And so she just followed the line of students as they headed to the tall building. "What happens next again?" she asked Akaashi.

"Dinner, Ayami-chan. We're the class reps, did you forget?" Even asking that seemed suspicious. Or maybe this boy's intuition was just good.

"Ah, right, right," she said, nodding her head.

They reached the dining hall of the hotel and to Y/N, it just seemed like a weird futuristic set of a film. The students split to different groups and they sat on different tables. Y/N, still clueless, simply tailed Akaashi.

"Ayami? You'll be sitting with them, remember?" he reminded, nodding at the other table.

"I am?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"You requested you sit with your friends," he said, raising a brow.

"Would you rather sit with me?" he guessed.

"Ayami!" they heard a loud call, making Y/N turn around. It was the girl with the Kansai accent, "Come here!"

"Oh, yes, of course. You should sit with them," Akaashi said.

"Ayami!" She got called again. Y/N lowered her head before leaving and heading to the other table.

There, four girls were already seated and Y/N quietly sat on the remaining chair.

"Heya, Ami-chan, did ya plan on sittin' next to Akaashi-san?" It was the girl from earlier.

"Sumi-chan's right, seems like you wanted to ditch us for Akaashi-san," someone else laughed. So the one with an accent's called Sumi.

"No, no," Y/N denied with a shy smile. It was her best attempt to brush it off.

"Not gonna lie, Akaashi-san's pretty damn cool though," another girl suggested. This girl was easier to remember, she's the only one with a pixie cut.

"He is?" Y/N asked, wanting to learn more about this man who she thought was an angel. Literally.

"Vice-captain of the volleyball club, good in academics, reliable, and most importantly, hot," Sumi answered.

"Yabai!" Sumi added. The slang confused Y/N even more.

"He's totally off limits though," the one with a pixie cut contradicted.

"And why?" Y/N inquired. Does he have a girlfriend?

"He only likes volleyball and grades," another one sighed.

"Really?" Y/N mumbled then glanced to her right to look at the rumored boy.

If there was one thing similar to her timeline and this one, it would be this girl talk.

"So he's off limits, isn't he?" Y/N muttered as she stared at his glimmering teal-colored eyes, "Angels are off limit, got it."

"Yes?" Akaashi mouthed. He noticed. This is bad and embarrassing.

Embarrassed, her eyelids flickered, then she looked sideways, looking at random objects just to get him off her line of sight.

"Hey, look, look, look who's starin' now," Sumi said, tapping Y/N's elbows.

"Staring? Who?" the one with a pixie cut asked.

"It's Akaashi-san, Karin-chan," Sumi lowered her voice.

"Did he hear us earlier? No way!"

"He's staring at ya, Ayami," Sumi revealed, tapping Y/N again.

"Right, I'm Ayami for some reason," Y/N gave herself a reminder.

"WELCOME, STUDENTS!" the silly girl talk was interrupted by a voice amplified by the speakers.

"How was your trip to the beach earlier?" another voice followed. It grabbed everyone's attention, including Akaashi's.

"We'll have our sharing later but for now, I know all of you are getting hungry. And maybe even craving for seafood," the teacher tried pulling off a joke.

"So each table group should properly line up in the food stations to get their serving. Two table groups at a time, okay? Everyone will get their share."

"Seafood? Wow," Y/N mumbled.

"Man, I wish we were table one. They get the food first," Karin said.

"Whatta glutton ya are," Sumi teased. As instructed, the first two table groups lined up first and the aroma of newly cooked seafood intensified the girls' hunger.

"Wait, what if this was like Yomi, the underworld? And if I ate food here, I can't go back?" Y/N guessed in her mind. It was a silly speculation, sure, but she was trying to make everything make sense.

"Hey, our turn," Karin told Y/N and nudged her, interrupting her train of thoughts.

"Look, the boys are heading first," one of the girls pointed out, referring to Akaashi's group.

"Let's go, let's go!"

Y/N, getting hungry as well, completely disregarded her theory and followed the girls to the food tables. After all, it's a seafood dinner. She couldn't say no to that.

"Hello," Akaashi greeted.

"Ah, hi," Y/N greeted him back as they grabbed a plate for themselves. Meanwhile, the loud noises of the students were replaced by music blasting out from the speakers.

"Did you need something?" he asked.

"Oh, what?" she asked him in return, the music was getting louder.

"Nothing, nevermind, sorry."

As the music played, Y/N suddenly recognized the song. She gasped in surprise, then turned to him again. "Do you know this song?" she asked, smiling for the first time since she got there.

"No, why?"

"It's I love you so!" she had to raise her voice for a bit.

"What?"

"I love you so," she repeated, her voice hinting her excitement.

"Oh."

"By Junko Ohashi," she added, still smiling. How could she forget her idol?

"Oh."