onjuku beach

MUSEUM. 11AM. Despite believing that the possibility of her traveling decades ahead her actual timeline is too absurd, Y/N is more than determined to set things right. The problem now is how, much less where to start.

"Alright, let's head to the last part of our museum tour and after that, feel free to look around for yourselves," the tour guide announces with a cheery tone. "But be sure to be back in an hour, alright?" the teacher adds, followed by a "Yes" in chorus.

"For the last part, let's look back on the history of music-"

"Ayami, are you okay?" Akaashi asks, diverting her attention away from the guide.

"Y-Yes?"

"You seem to be spacing out," he takes notice.

"Ah, right, sorry." It doesn't ease his suspicions.

"We'll be doing a headcount before the tour ends, just before we can go around on our own. Okay?" he reminds.

"Yes, I got it."

"Um, the next part of the tour is this way, Ayami," he redirects her, even holding her wrist to stop her from going astray.

It takes her by surprise but she doesn't flinch for some reason. "Ah. I'm sorry," he says immediately afterwards, then quickly releases her.

"It's, it's fine," says Y/N.

"Let's just go. We might be left out."

"Uhuh. Right. Right," she mumbles, nodding.

She finds the last part of the tour the most interesting of them all as it's about music, the one thing she devoted her life to. Well, at least in her original timeline, that is. The displays are beyond magical to her eyes, despite most of them being replicas of the actual stuff.

With the tour guide busy explaining the displays in detail, Y/N finds herself wandering around the room, staring at the everything within her reach. She has drifted herself away from the crowd, stuck in her own little world. Understandable for someone who never had the time for leisure.

"Alright, we're done with the tour so you can go back and revisit the rooms you like and there's a giftshop just ahead. Be sure to be back in an hour, okay? Okay?" the teacher instructs, glancing at Y/N who isn't even listening.

"Hey, class rep, let's do the headcount first," the teacher tries to grab her attention. It does get Akaashi's but not Y/N's.

"Hey, Ayami-san, headcount," Akaashi reiterated for her and approached.

"Eh?"

"Headcount."

"Oh yeah, class rep stuff," she mumbles. The two walk towards the start of the line and do as they were told.

"We're complete, Ma'am," Akaashi reports.

"Okay, well then, see you in an hour. I repeat, one hour, okay? Okay?"

"Ayami-chan, let's go!" Y/N hears a familiar voice. Oh, this one's Sumi, she recognizes the girl, who's approaching her with their other "friends."

"Go where?" Y/N asks.

"The giftshop, we're not going back to the boring rooms," Karin answers in Sumi's stead.

"Oh, haha, yeah."

Y/N is soon dragged away from the music room, farther away from Akaashi. "Where are we goin' next again?" another one asks, Y/N learned her name on the bus ride earlier. Keiko.

"We're going back to Tokyo," Sumi says before they walk to the giftshop. Y/N only follows, just going along the follow.

"Wait, really? Already?!" Y/N exclaims.

"How am I supposed to get home?! I don't even know where this Yudai Ayami lives," Y/N panicks, even thinking of being homeless after the trip.

"And, does this Yudai Ayami live with her family? How am I supposed to act around them?" she adds to her pile of worries.

"What's wrong, Ayami? You look ghastly!" Karin chuckles.

"Nothing, nothing."

"Not ready to face Bokuto-san in school yet?" they tease, confusing the poor Y/N even more.

"Who? Bokuto?" she asks, trying to get some clues for clarification.

"Aren't ya ever gonna confess? Or are ya just a chicken?" Keiko says.

"Confess? No way," Y/N laughs, whoever this Bokuto is.

"Woah, wait could it be? This is the actual Ayami's crush? Or something like that?" she guessed in her head.

"Hey, come on now, Ayami-chan never said she liked Bokuto-san."

"Still, I'm jelly! Oh to be Ayami-chan and have the same route home as Bokuto-san," one of them chuckles.

"Same route home? So I need to go home with this Bokuto then? Thank god I'm not gonna end up homeless," she tells herself, sighing in relief.

"Or is it Akaashi-san that ya like, Aya-" Keiko asks, but gets interrupted by the energetic Karin.

"Oh, look, look! Vintage stuff!" Karin points at one of the items for sale.

"Duh, this is the museum, dumbass," Keiko sighs.

"I mean, these vintage postcards, they look cool!" Karin defends.

"90s postcards?" Y/N mumbles.

"Onjuku Beach? 1970?" she reads out, looking at the postcard in her friend's hand.

"That's my year! The 1970s! Since the calendar said 2013, that means... That means I jumped 40 years in the future?!"

"Ayami? You're zoning out again," Sumi chuckles.

"Oh, um, can I take that one?" Y/N asks, fishing out her pockets to get the purse she found in "her" bag this morning.

"Yeah, sure."

"200 yen!" Y/N gasps at the sight of the price tag, "Is this made of gold?!"

"In my timeline, this wouldn't cost more than 80 yen!" she adds to her train of thoughts, actually believing this could be some sort of another dimension too.

And then, suddenly, she hears another familiar voice, a masculine one this time. His voice is soothing, yet a little cold. Even with just 24 hours of staying in this timeline, she couldn't mistake it for someone else's.

"Ayami-san, I've been looking everywhere for you."