klara

It sounded romantic, alright, Y/N sighs to herself. Her guess was right, it was Akaashi who called her but it was for their class rep duties again. And now, after buying only one vintage postcard as her souvenir, she's back to work with him in the events hall near the museum.

"After lunch, we'll head straight to Tokyo. If things go smoothly, then we'll be in Fukurodani in an hour," one of the teachers informs.

"Can someone bring the other lunch packs here? The rest are still in the truck," another one requests. With the others busy with their own work, Akaashi volunteers himself, which compells Y/N to do the same.

"Alright, thank you. Just be careful, the packs are still hot," the teacher adds before they go outside.

Silence takes over as neither knew what else to say. But as soon as Akaashi had his hands on the large plastic bags, he finally speaks up.

"Ayami-chan, are you sure you want to carry these with me?" he confirms, "These are quite heavy."

"I won't be a freeloader, Akaashi-san," she jokes, an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I can carry these for you," he offers, still not handing the plastic bag.

"Just give it to me," she chuckles and grabs another one for herself.

"There's 12 of those we need to carry so we kind of need to hurry up," she adds.

"Ah, right," he mumbles. He's a little surprised with her sudden enthusiasm, it brushes off his overthinking about her strange behavior for a while.

"No school tomorrow, right, Akaashi-san?" she asks on their way back.

"None. It's Saturday tomorrow."

"Good, good," she mutters, smiling. That meant she had more time to cope, assuming "Ayami" didn't live with anyone else.

"Do you plans tomorrow, Ayami-san?" he asks out of curiosity.

"I need to learn how this silly phone wor-" she blurts out, only realizing what she's revealing mid-way through.

Even Akaashi didn't know what to say.

"And, um, you? Any plans for tomorrow?"

"Yes, volleyball training."

"Oh, right, right," she mumbles and nods.

"Thanks, Akaashi-kun, Yudai-chan," the teacher tells them after they place the plastic bags on the table. They go outside again to grab the remaining ones.

"Speaking of volleyball, have you made up your mind about it? Shirofuku-san asked me about it a while ago."

"Shirofuku-san?"

"Our current manager. I haven't introduced you to her yet, I'm sorry," he clarifies.

"Well, what exactly do I have to do if I accept?" she asks.

"I think we had this conversation last week," Akaashi mumbles but regardless, decides to explain it again.

"As manager, you help the coach and captain handle the team. And oh, schedules and matches too. For practice matches, you might need to handle the permits. Next year, you'll also need to help recruit new members," he elaborates.

"Oh. That's a lot of manager duties," she comments.

"But I think you're capable enough, Ayami-san," he adds, hoping the long list of responsibitilies wouldn't intimidate her.

"You think so?" The compliment takes her by surprise, completely forgetting he's referring to the actual Ayami and not herself.

AFTER LUNCH. BUS RIDE HOME.