starstruck

He finally said it, the bizarre doubts he always had about her. He used to overthink about it, a little scared he's soudn crazy. From the beginning though, nothing about this time leap mess ever made sense.

"What?"

"Y/N. Is that your real name?"

"I'm, I'm Ayami Yudai," she denies, the last of her attempts to appear less suspicious than she actually is.

"Ayami always goes to the library but never dines outside. And Ayami has impeccable penmanship and an excellent sense of direction."

"Wh- What? Look, I'm just a little confu-"

"But you. You don't even know the way home. You spent too much in the cafe and your notes are a mess," he adds. It doesn't take long before Y/N feels cornered, a little too intimidated. Like a frightened mouse.

"Stop it," she mumbles. She had never felt more embarrassed and scared.

"And why did you borrow the "Computers for Seniors and Dummies" by the way? It was strange."

She refuses to answer. She hasn't crossed out the possibility of someone finding out but now that this happened, she's clueless with what she should do.

"How do you know?"

"That?"

"That I'm Y/N. My name. How did you know?"

"Your notebook," he chuckles. She's not sure if it's a good thing, but it surely lightens the heavy mood. "Oh."

"It's a pretty name," he remarks.

"So, are you not, you know, afraid?"

"Afraid? And why?"

"I'm pretending to be Yudai Ayami. Aren't you supposed to be scared?"

"Not at someone who doesn't even know what Google is," he chuckles again, "So who are you, really?"

He surely was acting normal for someone who's hearing about something so absurd. That itself was strange, and maybe Akaashi wasn't really the "no-nonsense" type of guy.

°
°
°
°
°

The walk to the park was a short but then again, an awkward one. The two decided they should talk somewhere more quiet and in constrast to the noisy streets of Tokyo, this place was much more sirene.

"Do you mind telling me, Y/N-san?" Akaashi asks as they both sit on a bench facing the empty swings.

"I don't really have a choice now, do I? I mean, you already figured," she answers and looks up at the golden sky. It'd be a sunset soon.

"You could choose not to tell me."

"I'm L/N F/N. My stage name is Klara," she begins.

"Stage name? Are you a celebrity?"

"Um, sort of? I'm a singer."

"That explains it."

"And I'm from 1970. I'm supposed to be really old," she adds.

"And dead too," she tells herself but she doesn't say it out loud.

"So time travel is real," Akaashi mutters.

"Ah, wait, you were a city pop singer?" he asks, "So you're not exactly pretending to be Ayami. You're not from here at all, is that right?"

"Mhmm," she mumbles.

"I know, I know it sounds so absurd, it sounds so so crazy but I'm really telling you the truth," Y/N says, "And whoever this Ayami is, I really don't know where she is."

"So it really is time travel," he concludes.

"I, I guess."

"Wait, you believe me?" she gasps.

"Huh?"

"You don't think I'm lying? Or, or that I did something with the real Ayami?"

"Now you're making it sound like you did something terrible to Ayami."

"Ah, no no, I swear!" It makes her panic, "I'm as clueless as you are."

"Alright, alright. If you say so."

"And, you see, since I'm from the 70s, I don't know much about cells either."

"Cells?"

"The thing, the, the rectangular thing kids hold 24/7. The box."

"Cellphone?"

"Yeah, yeah. We used to have big telephones in my timeline. Like, really really big ones. Now, you can put it in your pocket. Wow."

"You make yourself sound very old," Akaashi chuckles, "How old are you? Originally, I mean. If that makes sense."

"I'm 19. That's not so old," she answers.

"I still can't believe you believe me though," Y/N continues, "This whole, I traveled from the past and now I took over someone else's body explanation is way too bizarre."

"It is. But I know a lot of other bizarre things too."

"I'm betting it's nothing as bizarre as this, though."

"You'd be surprised."

"But, um, well, one more thing, Akaashi-san. I need you to keep it a secret. Please," she pleads, looking at his deep blue-green eyes.

The golden orange hue of the sunset illuminates his face perfectly, and Y/N herself doesn't know why she's getting starstruck by him at the worst timing. She's literally getting busted. She needed to snap back to reality.

"Mhmm," he hums as he fiddles with his fingers, a habit she's beginning to recognize.

"So you won't report me or something, right?"

"Time travel isn't a crime, Y/N-san. Is it?"

"That's a relief," she sighs and stretches her legs.

"What is?"

"I don't have to keep it a secret from you. You figured it out already anyway," she answers.

"How long have you known? It's been less than a week, Akaashi-san," she returns the question.

"My suspicions began after I found you in the beach," Akaashi answers and averts his gaze towards her.

"Oh," she mouths. It immediately reminds her of the gruesome state she was in as she lied in the cold snow, moments before she found herself mysteriously transported in the sunny beach.

The stab in her abdomen too. The memories come rushing back in her head, except for the most important part, which is how she even ended up like that.

She quickly places her hand on her abdomen, reminiscing the pain back then. No wounds. No blood. And definitely no pain.

"Are you okay?" he asks, observing the quick change in her expression.

"Yes, I'm okay," she answers, removing her hand from her abdomen.

"Um, so, what else? I mean, how else did you find out that I'm not Ayami?" she asked, trying to divert his attention away from her sudden grasp on her abdomen a second ago.

"Ayami is tone-deaf. She can't sing."

"Oh."

"Your voice, Y/N, it's beautiful."

As a singer, it isn't rare for her to hear compliments about her voice and songs. Everywhere she went, it was almost always filled with optimism about her future. Needless to say, she's used to it. But for some reason, upon hearing his flattering remark, came butterflies fluttering at her stomach and a bright shade of red on her cheeks.