for dummies

"Nevermind," Akaashi says, shaking his head as well, "What am I even thinking?"

"W-Well, I think I just need, um, to rest," Y/N tells him, fully relieved.

"Right, okay, okay."

"See you on Monday, Akaashi-san."

"Good night, Ayami-san," he tells her before she turns around to enter the apartment building. She just hopes he led her to the right one.

She walks up to the second floor, still clueless where the right apartment room is. She unzips her bag to search for the keys.

"Please tell me the room number is here too, please, please," she murmurs as she fishes it out.

"Oh, thank god," she sighs in relief upon seeing the number. 205.

"So it must be around here."

She walks around the short hallway, looking at the doors and numbers. "202, 203, 204, and here, 205. Finally."

After unlocking Room 205, she enters the dark place slowly, observing the decors and furnitures. "It's nothing like my home," she comments but still glad she doesn't end up homeless.

She locks the door and places the keys on the nearby table. The place is utterly boring, she thinks, seeing not a single sound system or music players. There's a small TV set, a small divider for a kitchen and a bed nearby.

"This'll do, at least I can sleep here," she tells herself as she lies down on the couch.

"I wanna go home."

For the next ten minutes, she simply stares at the plain ceiling and recalls the crazy sequence of events earlier. Going to the museum, becoming the team manager, and even almost getting caught.

She turns her head to the side and there she spots a colorful notebook. It piques her curiosity, making her reach for it.

"Is this her diary? Is this still a thing?" she wonders.

Akaashi-san invited me to be
team manager today. Maybe
I'll reconsider. Also, I flunked
the chemistry test. :/

"This is the last entry?" She decides to check the other entries.

Konoha-kun noticed me today. I wonder
if he's dating. I can't ask him though.

"Oh. So Ayami likes Konoha. Who is he again?"

I asked Konoha-kun about
his career path. He says he
doesn't know yet. I'm sure
he can go pro though ♡ I
wish I told him that. For me,
well, I want to be a teacher ♡

"Oh? That's a nice dream," Y/N comments.

She spends the rest of the night reading the entries and it gives her a feeling of closeness with Ayami, whoever she really is.

"I wonder where she is now. Did she get my body in 1970?! Wait, can she even sing?! What if, oh no, is my career over?!"

°
°
°
°
°
°

By the next day, Y/N already found a few useful things. The drawer where Ayami kept her money, the phone charger (and how it works), and her class schedule. After "getting to know" Ayami through the diary, she's determined to not mess her life up just as she would not want Ayami to mess hers. Just in case they really did switch bodies.

"I can't have Akaashi-san suspect me even more so," Y/N says as she brings out the pile of textbooks she just found. The room is an absolute mess at the moment but she'll mind that problem later.

"Now, where do I start?"

"ACHOO!" Akaashi quickly grabs his handkerchief from his pocket.

"I'm not catching a cold, am I?" he worries.

He places the handerkchief back in his pocket and continues walking to his destination, his favorite place, the library's fifth floor.

It's wonderfully quiet and sirene, making it his ideal study area. He heads to his usual seat, thankfully vacant, and he soon begins his review.

Chemistry's first on his list. The test is going to be held soon, then maybe English or Math. He spends the next hour and a half on it, before completely giving up on the endless list of formulas. He didn't like chemistry. And Akaashi isn't as studious as everyone thought he was.

"I'm done with this," Akaashi tells himself as he puts away the textbook and notes.

"I should take a break," he decides and stretches his arms, "That was an hour and a half spent on almost nothing."

He keeps away the rest of his belongings, his pencils, highlighters, and pens, before heading to the elevator.

"I hope they have the ham sandwich."

Soon enough, he hears the elevator ding and being the gentleman he is, he's the last one to enter.

Seeing the ground floor button already pressed, he goes back to his daydream about the cafe food. But his train of thoughts break as the elevator stops on the fourth floor. The door slides open and he quickly recognizes a familiar figure.

Y/N. Or Yudai Ayami, that's the name he recalls in his head.

It doesn't long for her to recognize him either but their reactions are in completely opposite ends. While Akaashi thinks of it as a pleasant surprise, shame and embarrassment build up for Y/N.

Why? Akaashi wonders as she reluctantly gets in and stands beside him.

"Oh," he mouths, seeing the answer to his inquiry.

She's holding such a strange book, well, strange for her age. She's just seventeen yet she's reading "Computers and Laptops for Seniors and Dummies." What for? And oh, notes too? Neatly organized, color-coded notes.

"Why?" is all he could think of.