Chapter 4

A few minutes later I texted Chris and asked “Would you and Danny mind if I possibly brought Hank and Katherine Green, and also John Green to breakfast this morning?” He replied a few seconds later. “Wow, seriously? That would be cool, no problem! Would it be okay if we had a few other people come with us too?” I replied “Who are we talking about?” “Oh, Damon, Jon, and Zack, they just got here.” “Yes! Of course! I am so excited to meet them!” “You got John Green, I think you won!” he said.

We went downstairs and saw Hank and Katherine standing with John. I stopped, and Des looked at me. “What’s wrong?” she asked. “That’s… that’s John Green!” she laughed at me. “Yes, now let’s go so we can get pancakes!”

When we got there John shook my hand and said “Hi, I’m JOHN FREAKING GREEN           !” I blushed and said “Oh, you heard about that…” John just laughed. John turned back to talk to Hank and I pulled out my phone so I could text Chris.

“Hey again, you guys about ready? We’re in the lobby when you get here!” He texted back right away “We’re on our way down. Sorry, Damon, Zack, and Jon came to our room to put their stuff here until they can check into their rooms.”

They showed up about 5 minutes later and we did all our introductions. We decided that the boys, Danny, Zack, Damon, and Jon, would all ride with Chris and we, Des, John, and I, would ride with Hank and Katherine. We got to Hank’s car, which was a Honda CR-V. Hank drove, Katherine sat in the front, next to Hank, John sat behind Hank, I sat in the middle, and Des sat behind Katherine.

The entire ride to iHop was me asking John questions about his books, vlogbrothers, and really everything. “So, Hank, are you nervous about VidCon?” Hank smiled and said “A little but I think John is always a bit more nervous.” John laughed and said “I get really nervous before we go on stage, but once we get there it’s so much fun!”  

We went in to iHop to get a table and wait for the guys to get there. Hank went to get us a table. “How many?” the waitress asked. “Um” Hank looked at us with a questioning look and I held up 10 fingers. “10, please.” The waitress nodded and said it would be about 15 minutes.

Chris, Danny, Damon, Zack, and Jon got there about 10 minutes later and Chris said “I’m so sorry you guys! Jon said he knew a short cut and we took a wrong turn or something and got lost.” Jon looked embarrassed and said “Yea, sorry guys…” I smiled at him and said “it’s totally okay! We have a little while to wait anyways!”

 Breakfast was so much fun; we all got on so well! When we were all done, John asked “Everybody about done here? I’m getting the bill.” Everyone started to protest but John said “It’s my treat guys.” So we all just let it go.