Chapter 14

Today was the day we were going home. I didn’t want to get up, getting up meant going to the airport and going to the airport meant leaving. Our flight left in a few hours so I knew I had to get up.  It was kind of chilly out so I decided to wear Chris’ sweatshirt. We finished packing, and went to the car.

Hank, Katherine, John, Danny, and Chris were all taking us to the airport. We told Hank that they didn’t have to but he said “I told your mom I would make sure you guys are okay. I think I’ve done a pretty good job so far and I am not going to screw it up now!”

We drove with the boys to the airport and John, Hank, and Katherine took their car. On the way to the airport no one said anything; it felt like the longest 20 minutes of my life. When we finally got to the airport and the boys grabbed our bags and we went in.

We all just kind of stood there for a while, everyone silent. But it wasn’t an awkward silence; it was a comfortable kind of silence. Finally we heard “First call for flight for flight 327 to Belfast, Maine” come over the intercom, “That’s us…” I said in an almost silent whisper. We all piled in to a huge group hug, “Thanks, all of you guys, this was probably the best weekend of my life.”

Then we all started our separate goodbyes. I went over to Katherine first, “Thanks, for all you’ve done for us this weekend. You are so super nice, and I really hope we can stay in touch.” We hugged and I moved on. Hank was next, “You have been so nice to us, ever since we got here. Thanks for keeping us safe and hosting this awesome thing. Maybe we’ll have to come visit you in Missoula some time?” I joked with a smile. “You should definitely do that sometime.” Hank smiled. “Second call for flight 327 to Belfast, Maine” I moved over to John, “Thanks for being the best author of all time. Please never stop. You are one of the most genuinely awesome people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. It’s an honor, Mr. Green.” I hugged him and I started to tear up. “Danny, it’s been awesome to get to hang out with you and get to know you. Just remember, if you ever break Des’ heart, I’ll break you like a twig.” He laughed and I smiled at him. Now the tears were starting to run down my cheeks.  “Chris… I have had the most amazing time this weekend. I am so glad you talked me into doing this. Thank you…”

  “Third and final boarding call for flight 327 to Belfast, Maine” the intercom said. “You don’t have to go you know…” he said into my shoulder, and I said nothing. I stood there a little longer hugging Chris, “Day 365” I said, finally, staring into his eyes. “You are the best boyfriend a girl could ask for.” And then I kissed him.

A/N: Hey, hi, hello! I'm Rachel! Wow! If you made it this far, thank you so so so much!! Wow! I really love you okay? You're actually great!! Okay wow, goodbye!!