Chapter 9

The next day I woke up at 9 with Des jumping on my bed and screaming “VIDCON VIDCON VIDCON!!” I had gotten two hours of sleep… that is not enough sleep for me! I stumbled out of bed and groggily took a shower. When I was dressed I followed Des downstairs and we got Starbucks. “Why the heck are you so tired?” Des asked me and I just smiled and said “I didn’t really sleep too well last night.” I didn’t tell her what I actually was doing.

Christian’s band, BackbackParty, was playing that night at 6, so we had some time to kill. We went around in the expo hall for about an hour and then we got some lunch with a few people I didn’t know but they were all pretty nice.

At 5:30 they had to go get ready so Des, Danny, and I decided to catch the last bit of Toby Turner’s panel and we decided to stay and get our shirts signed. The line was longer than expected and at 5:50 I was kind of getting nervous. I was worried that we wouldn’t make it in time for the boys’ show but finally at 5:55 we made it up to Toby. I sneezed right as we were walking up to the table “Bless your face!” said Toby. We got a picture with Toby and our new signed shirts and then ran to the concert as fast as we could.