Chapter 7

I lay in my bed trying to fall asleep until I got a text at three am. “Hey, are you up? If you are, meet me in the hall in about 3 minutes, if not I understand.” I didn’t bother to text him back, I just put on some pants and slipped out of the room, trying not to wake Des.

When I got to the hall, Chris was waiting outside my door. “I didn’t know if you were going to show up.” “Here I am” I said with a smile. “You don’t sleep well either?” “Not at all, I’m usually up until 5.” “So what do you want to do?” Chris asked. “Maybe want to go to Huntington Beach? I know it’s far but I really want to go.” “That sounds like fun! Let’s do that!”

We went out into Chris’ car and took off. By the time we finally got there it was 3:45. “Wait, what if Hank gets mad at you for sneaking out?” Chris asked, worried. “No one is going to get up until at least 9. And if they ask, just say we couldn’t sleep so we went on an adventure.” I smiled.

We got out of the car and Chris asked if I wanted to go play any games on the Boardwalk or anything, and I said I was okay. I saw a merry go round and I asked if we could maybe do that and Chis got us two tickets. After the merry go round we just walked around on the boardwalk for a while and then we decided to go down to the beach.

We just walked on the beach for an hour or so and talked. It was really nice. “You know what?” Christian asked. “What?” I asked back. “You’re really pretty…” “Why thank you Christian, you’re not too bad yourself” I said with a smirk.

He grabbed my hand and I thought ‘Awe, how cute’ but then he started running towards the Ocean, dragging me along with him. He finally when we were about knee deep he picked me up and threw me in. “Christian!” I screamed, the water was freezing cold! “I’m going to get you back!!” “Oh really? How are you going to do that?” I got really close to him, so close that our noses were almost touching. “Hi.” I said. “Hi.” He said back. I smiled a mischievous smile and then I pushed him. He lost his balance and fell in the water. “Haha, you fell for it! I told you I would get you back!” I went farther in until my feet didn’t touch anymore.

We just swam there and talked and laughed until the sun started coming up. “Hey, do you wanna watch the sunrise?” I asked. “Sure, that’s always fun.” We swam back to shore and sat on the beach, just watching the sun come up for a while. Chris grabbed my hand and I laid my head on his chest. We sat like that until about 7 in the morning. I looked up at Chris, “we should probably be getting back, they’re going to wonder where we went.” “Probably, yeah.”