Chapter 9: United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Vlad's Pov 

After seeing my father's grizzly message we walked through the courtyard and everyone was asleep.

"Everyone's asleep. I can't get a hold of Ben or Raelynn." Mal said motioning her phone.

"The same with my parents or Quincey." I added as I did the same thing.

"Or Dizzy or Doug." Evie replied.

"Or Jane. The signals are out." Carlos sighed as we all walked around.

"Is that Auradon Prep?" Ceila asked as she pointed at the school.

"Yeah and when we break the spell you are gonna love it here Ceila." I told her as she pumped her arms in victory.

"Everything is so green." Gil said in awe as he, Harry, and Uma looked around the colorful landscape.

"You have leaves on your trees and what are those colorful things on your bushes?" Gil asked Jay who was standing next to him.

"Uh Flowers?" Jay said, sounding confused.

"Flowers are pretty." Gil grinned as I looked over at Mal.

"I can think of something else that is pretty." I whispered into Mal's ear and she blushed before turning to me.

"Right back at you handsome." Mal whispers back,  flirting with me.

Then Gil started to eat some fruit that belonged to one of the sleeping students as Uma walked up to Jay who was about to stop him.

"We don't have fresh fruit on the Isle." Uma reminded Jay and he nodded.

"Cantaloupe. I love Cantaloupe." Gil grinned.

"They're Grapes." I explained to Gil as he continued to eat the grapes.

"Grapes. I love grapes." Gil corrected as he continued to eat.

"Well, I believe I deserve some compensation for my muscles, my wile, and my role in this endeavor." Harry muttered to himself as he took some money from a sleeping boy and then Jay walked over to him and took the money from him.

"You do. Me not squashing you like a bug." Jay warned Harry who just laughed as Jay put the money back in the guy's pocket. 

"You think I'm scared of you Jay?" Harry asked as he pointed his hook at Jay then I stepped between them facing Harry.

"Back off Hook or do you want to get your ass beat again?" I asked as I growled and flashed my eyes red and my fangs appeared.

Mal and Uma exchanged annoyed looks.

"Guys!" Both Mal and Uma snapped at the same time and we all stood down.

"Dude!"  Carlos exclaimed happily as he saw Dude but he also saw him licking a sleeping student's arm that was covered in watermelon.

"Dude really?" Carlos asked.

"What? It wasn't me, I swear. Okay it was me." Dude admitted.

"Hey do you know what happened here?" I asked Dude.

"Yeah, Audrey showed up, and she put everybody to sleep and then she turned some of them into--" Dude explained but was interrupted by Evie.

"Guys." Evie said as we all turned to see her facing a stone statue of a person.

"Hannah turned to stone." She said in disbelief.

"Alright, everybody stay on their toes." Jay ordered.

"Look, since we're here, let's check out the school." Uma suggested, but was stopped by Mal.

"No. Audrey went straight for the crown so I think it's safe to assume she's gonna go for Ben and his castle next so that is where we are going."  Mal interjected.