Chapter 17: One Against Tens of Thousands

Vlad's Pov 

I flew to the museum and I stole armor and weapons. Then I flew to the castle gates as I wore an updated version of my father's bat armor. 

I was armed with broadsword and my brand new Kilij sword which were in their scabbards along with a shield

On my back I had a steel crossbow and hand cannon

I was holding the shield with my left hand and I was holding a Halberd in my right hand

I used my blood flow vision to see the army my father had sent and I saw thousands of ghouls and demons

I used my blood flow vision to see the army my father had sent and I saw thousands of ghouls and demons. I walked slowly out of the gate and headed towards the army. 

Then I heard them charging down to confront me as I ran towards them. My eyes turned blood red, my fangs showed, and I Iet out a roar as I ran up and crashed into the army.

No Ones POV

Vlad clash with Dracula's army swinging his Halberd around killing a few of them. He grabbed one of the demons and threw him in the air. Then he transformed into a swarm of bats and flew into a crowd of soldiers cutting them down before transforming back as he tackled one of the ghouls. He took out his broadsword and cut the ghouls head off. Vlad stood up and put away his broadsword then took out his steel crossbow and shot a charging demon eight times in the chest with arrows. He took out his hand cannon and shot a ghoul with it before using it as a club hitting ghouls with the spike end of it.

Meanwhile Mal and the others just watch the news covering it from the castle.

"Why aren't any of the soldiers out there helping Vlad?"  Ben asked one of his generals.

"Because the men are afraid, your majesty." The general answers.

"That's because men do not fear swords, they fear monsters." Hades said as he got everyone's attention.

"They run from them, why do you think I had Cerberus, the Hecatoncheires, Charon, along with Pain and Panic as henchmen all though Pain and Panic are completely useless idiots." Hades admitted.

Evie turned to Mal as she was watching Vlad fighting Dracula's army as he cut off the head of one of the demons with the axe part of his halberd and stabbed another demon's head with the hook part. Then he speared another with the spear part of the halberd.

"Mal do you think Vlad can defeat these guys?" Evie asked.

"Yeah of course I do." Mal answered while she was watching the news.

Mal was sure that Vlad could fight off Dracula's army, she had seen what Vlad can do and with his vampire powers. However, she was also concerned for his well being. She wanted him to come back unharmed.

Vlad continued to fight using both his kilij and broadsword cutting down any demons or ghouls that got in his way. He even turned into a wolf and ripped a ghoul's throat out. Then turned into a swarm of bats and turned back as he used his claws, striking at their heads. They were falling one by one as Vlad threw his kilij through a demon. It fell to the ground with the blade showing. Vlad stabbed and thrusted his broadsword through enemy soldiers while turning into his swarm of bats to dodged their attacks.

Vlad then pulled his kilij out of the dying demon's chest as he walked towards the other soldiers growling like a wolf. Vlad attacked the soldiers as three of them went up in the air. With one goal in mind, Vlad continued his slaughter of his father's troops.

Mal's Pov 

The rest of us soon headed out of the castle gates to look for Vlad. We all saw the carnage Vlad had caused with dead soldiers laying around. Then we saw Vlad standing in a circle with his kilij and broadsword in both hands with more dead soldiers surrounding him.

"Vlad!" I cried out to him getting his attention.

Vlad turned to us as we all walked over the dead soldiers to get to him as he put his swords back in their respective scabbards. He turned to us as he took off his helmet.

"Negotiations had failed." Vlad said.

"You alright?" Ben asked.

"I feel like I just fought in the  Night Attack at Târgoviște." Vlad said.

I gave him a hug and he hugged me back as we shared a kiss as we just held each other.

Vlad then broke up our hug as he headed back to the castle gates. We started to do the same, but then we turned and saw that Vlad had impaled thousands of demons and ghouls on spikes and we were horrified. I just looked at Vlad, he was sending a message to his father and spreading fear just like his father had done and now it's only a matter of time before Vlad and Dracula collide in a fight to the death and I was worried about the outcome.