Betrayal

Going back to Hogwarts was very hard. It meant leaving my family, that finally reunited. My dad promised me though that he would come back by Hogwarts. He still needed to get Pettigrew. 

I stood by the train waiting to get in when I heard a shriek of delight and someone attack me, hugging me from behind.

"Hey Andrea"I said laughing, and I turned around to give her another hug. 

"I missed you so much Max! How did your Christmas go?"she asked, her face flushed.

"It was-"I started saying, but noticed her older brother, Henry standing close behind her and I gave her a look of I'll tell you more later.

"Hey gorgeous"he said to me, and Andrea rolled her eyes disgusted before saying: 

"Oh, by the way Max, is it ok with you if Henry sits with us to go to Hogwarts? I understand if you don't want to let him, as he is being a perv right now" she glared at him and he grinned.

I felt both my eyebrows go up in confusion. She saw my facial expression and continued: "They're adding aurors around Hogwarts as an extra security measure. And it just so happens that Henry here is an auror"

"So I'm coming to protect everyone from your dad"Henry finished,  earning a slap from his sister.

"Henry, that's not funny!"she shrieked. 

"Sorry"Henry said, rubbing the back of his neck. I didn't know what to respond and was glad that Poppy and Tony joined us at the moment, so we could go find a compartment. I just got on the train though, when I bumped into Bill Weasley. I felt my face blush scarlet red. He glanced down at me and smirked.

"Hello Miss Black. What a nice watch you have there"he remarked and I glanced down at the watch he got for me. 

"Thanks, uhm, my mum got it for me"I replied, and he chuckled. 

"Hello Professor! How was your Christmas break"Poppy asked brightly. 

"It was well, thank you for asking Miss Brown"he responded, his eyes lingering on me an extra few seconds before looking up and seeing Henry.

"Henry Clearwater! I haven't seen you since we graduated"Bill said chuckling, and he shook Henry's hand. 

"How'd you do Bill?"Henry asked brightly. 

"I'm great! I just took this position at Hogwarts, and it's been going well. I get to go home on holidays with my siblings"

"That's good to hear. I heard your job in Egypt wouldn't let you do that"

"Yeah, they didn't. What are you doing back on this train Henry?"

"The ministry wants some aurors to come to give the school and students extra protection, from-"Henry didn't finish his sentence, glancing down at me. Feeling like I was in the spotlight, I shuffled on my feet a bit before going to a compartment that Tony found. 

"Are you ok Max? You're very red"Tony asked, but before I could answer, Poppy and Andrea came in. I guess Bill and Henry were still busy catching up. 

"Yeah"I finally said, "I'm fine"

--

The feast that night was quite bizarre, as there were now a dozen new people, all aurors, that have included themselves to the staff table, Some were scarred and quite frankly, scary looking, while others looked pretty normal, like Henry and a girl with bright pink hair. I noticed however, that Bill was not present during dinner.

"Hey, Andrea!"someone called after us as we were walking out of the Great Hall. We turn to see Percy Weasley hurrying towards us.

"Hi Weasley"Andrea said, confused as to why her twin's boyfriend was talking to her.

"Do you know where Penny is? I haven't seen her all night"he asked worriedly. 

"I have no idea, sorry"she replied. 

"I saw her leave with Professor Weasley right before the feast started"said Cho Chang, a 3rd year Ravenclaw, who was passing by. 

"What?"I asked furiously and she looked at me, startled by my sudden reaction. 

"Yeah, they just went upstairs"she squeaked and hurried away. 

"Probably to his office"Andrea added and looked at me uncertainty. 

"Ok, well, I guess I'll go look for her there then"Percy said. 

"I'll come with you"I said quickly. "I had to ask Professor Weasley something anyways" After waving goodbye to my friends, I walked with Percy up the stairs. There was an awkward silence between us, and now that I thought about it, I never actually had a conversation with him, unless it was to tell him that he was being annoying in class. 

"So.. how long have you dated Penelope?"I asked, breaking the silence.

"Just over a year now"Percy said proudly, "She's honestly the greatest, she understands me better then anyone"

"Good for you"I muttered, and the silence reappeared. We made it to Bill's office. I was about to knock when Percy said: "Don't bother Black, we don't need to knock, it's my brother" 

"Alright"I replied shrugging, and he opened the door so we could go in at the same time. I stopped dead when I saw what was happening in front of me. Penelope was sitting on Bill's desk, legs spreaded around his waist, an arm around his neck, snogging him. He looked very much into it, with an arm around her waist, and a hand in her hair. I glanced at Percy, who looked like the world was crashing around him, which was, in fact, how I was feeling as well. 

"What the fuck is this?"Percy finally croaked, the first time I ever heard him swear. The couple in front of us broke away, Penelope flustered, and Bill looking.. confused?

"Percy! It's not what you think!"she shrieked, her lipstick plastered. 

"Penelope that is the most pathetic excuse you've ever made, and you've done some pretty bad ones in the past"I snapped.

"I can't believe you Bill! You're my fuckin brother! How could you do this to me! You completely betrayed me!"Percy yelled. This is the first time I ever saw Percy lose control.

"I'm your what?"Bill asked, dazed. I frowned. 

"Stop playing dumb with me you son of a-"Percy said, taking his wand out.

"Percy, no!"Penelope shrieked, coming between the two Weasley's. "Percy, can we please just talk about this?"

"I have nothing to say to you except that we're done! And as for you Bill, I'm reporting you to Dumbledore. Screw you guys!"Percy yelled and he stormed off. 

"Percy, wait!"his ex girlfriend yelled, and she left the room, running after him. I then realized I was alone with Bill. I also realized I had my own wand out, as anger roared in my veins.

"Who are you again?"Bill asked turning to look at me. 

"Really? You're really going to play that card on me?"I said, clenching my fists. 

"I'm sorry, I really don't know who-"

"Will you shut up! You're only making this worst!"I yelled, and my voice echoed in his office. "I thought I actually meant something to you"I snapped, turned on my heels, and left the room, slamming the door shut behind me.