The Return of Wormtail

Note from Author: I realize the Quidditch finale takes place right after Easter break, but to put context in my story, I decided to put it in June. I hope this doesn't offend anyone!

The next month was the happiest I've been in a very long time. The only thing that was putting a down on me was the NEWT's luring closer and closer. I spent my time either studying in the library, hanging out with friends, or snogging Bill, or simply spending quality time with him. Nobody seemed to notice my frequent absence, Andrea and Tony were always off in some abandoned classroom snogging, and Poppy, though she broke up with that Hufflepuff guy, was still off on secret rendez vous, but she wouldn't tell with who.

June came breezing it, and though everyone was taking advantage of the warm weather, I definitely wasn't. Instead, I stayed stuck in the library studying with Poppy, Tony and Andrea. The only day I took off of studying was the Quidditch final game, Slytherin vs Gryffindor. My team unfortunately didn't make it, but it didn't stop me from going to cheer on Gryffindor. That morning, I could tell Harry was nervous, so I got up to go see him. People were looking at me curiously.

Harry looked up as I went to join him, and gave me a small smile, though he was very pale.

"Good luck Harry! I know you'll do brilliant!"I said, and gave him a big hug.

"Thanks Max"he muttered, sounding a bit better. I give him a smile, and go to join my friends. Finally, people were starting to head towards the field. Tony and Andrea left hand in hand.

"I swear, if those two don't end up getting married, I'll hex them" I said to Poppy, shaking my head.

"They will, they've been together since our fifth year!" Suddenly, much to my shock, Percy Weasley came to join us.

"Uh.. hi?"I said.

"Hello Black" he said, before wrapping his arm around Poppy. She blushed, though of happiness and not anger or disgust.

My eyes must of went the size of plates because Poppy gave me a stern look of I'll explain it to you later, before departing hand in hand with the third oldest Weasley. I sight, watching my friends leave. I wish I could do that with my boyfriend, but if I did, he would lose his job.

"Heading to the Quidditch finale, Miss Black?"came a voice behind me, startling me. I smile when I realize it was Bill.

"Yes, I am Professor"I said, giggling slightly. 

"Well, as I also just happen to be making my general way there, I'll accompany you"he said solemnly, and we started walking, me trying to hide fits of laughter. When we made it to the entrance, he looked around quickly to make sure no one was looking, before planting a quick kiss on my forehead, and leaving the castle in a hurry. 

"Bill Weasley, you sneaky ass"I muttered to myself chuckling, before setting off to the Quidditch Pitch.

--

"SHE SCORES! SHE SCORES! Gryffindor leads by eighty points to twenty!"Lee Jordan screamed, and I screamed and shouted for Angelina Johnson, who had just scored a point for Gryffindor. And then I gasped.

"Harry, the snitch!"I yelled, as I noticed it by Malfoy. Harry, who had almost pelted headlong into the stands, skidded to a halt in midair, reversed, and zoomed back into the middle of the field.

He started flying full speed towards Malfoy. "Go, go, go!"I urged him, on the edge of my bench,

Harry threw himself forward, took both hands off his broom. He knocked Malfoy's arm out of the way and —

"YES!"I yelled and stood up and cheered. He pulled out of his dive, his hand in the air, and the stadium exploded. Harry soared above the crowd, as I cheered him on along with almost the whole school. I watched as Wood went to meet him, then the Weasley twins, and the rest of the team, as they hugged tearfully. I couldn't stop jumping up and down and smiling. I look down at the stand with the Professors, and my eyes locked with Bill's. He smiled, and I could tell how happy he was at that moment.