Goodbye

The world felt heavy and dark. I couldn't move a single limb. I guess death wasn't so bad after all, if it was simply. I was quite comfortable and didn't have a single worry in the world.

"It is your turn to listen, and I beg you will not interrupt me, because there is very little time," someone was saying. "There is not a shred of proof to support Black's story, except your word — and the word of two thirteen-year-old wizards and his own 18 year old daughter will not convince anybody.A street full of eyewitnesses swore they saw Sirius murder Pettigrew.I myself gave evidence to the Ministry that Sirius had been the Potters' Secret-Keeper."

Sirius? Dad? Everything from tonight came crashing down. With every bit of effort inside of me, I opened my eyes. I realized I was, in fact, not dead, but in the hospital wing. Ron was laying in the bed beside me, unconscious. I was a little upset when I was that Bill was no where to be seen. I then saw Professor Dumbledore in front of me, talking to Harry and Hermione.

 "Professor Lupin can tell you —" Harry was saying.

 "Professor Lupin is currently deep in the forest, unable to tell anyone anything. By the time he is human again, it will be too late,Sirius will be worse than dead. I might add that werewolves are so mistrusted by most of our kind that his support will count for very little — and the fact that he and Sirius are old friends —" 

"But —" 

"Listen to me, Harry. It is too late, you understand me? You must see that Professor Snape's version of events is far more convincing than yours."

 "He hates Sirius," Hermione said desperately. "All because of some stupid trick Sirius played on him —"

 "Sirius has not acted like an innocent man. The attack on the Fat Lady — entering Gryffindor Tower with a knife — without Pettigrew, alive or dead, we have no chance of overturning Sirius's sentence." I felt my heart accelerate at what this meant, and felt myself have a small panic attack, as tears came up to my eyes. I couldn't lose dad.. I couldn't. I needed him. I slowly sat up, though my head was killing me.

"But you believe us."Harry said. They still haven't noticed that I woke up.

 "Yes, I do," said Dumbledore quietly. "But I have no power to make other men see the truth, or to overrule the Minister of Magic. . . . What we need," said Dumbledore slowly, "is more time." 

"But —" Hermione began. And then her eyes became very round. "OH!" I was now confused.

"Now, pay attention," said Dumbledore, speaking very low, and very clearly. "Sirius is locked in Professor Flitwick's office on the seventh floor. Thirteenth window from the right of the West Tower. If all goes well, you will be able to save more than one innocent life tonight. But remember this, both of you: you must not be seen. Miss Granger, you know the law — you know what is at stake. . . . You — must — not — be — seen." 

"what the hell is going on??"I whispered to myself.

Dumbledore had turned on his heel and looked back as he reached the door."I am going to lock you in. It is —" he consulted his watch, "five minutes to midnight. Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Goodluck." 

"Good luck?" Harry repeated as the door closed behind Dumbledore.

 "Three turns? What's he talking about? What are we supposed to do?"

 But Hermione was fumbling with the neck of her robes, pulling from beneath them a very long, very fine gold chain."Harry, come here," she said urgently. "Quick!" 

Here —"She had thrown the chain around his neck too. 

"wait!"I exclaimed, and they looked up shocked to see me up as well. I stood out of bed, and wobbled a bit. I realized then that my arms were bandaged. "I don't know what you guys are doing, but let me come. I need to come save my dad."