Laura's Advice

The slap echoed across the room. Both men looked at me in schock. I take my wand out and point it to him, right at his adam's apple.

"Max!"Andrea yelped from behind me. I ignored her.

"Give me one good reason"I growled, "One good reason to not hex you to oblivion"

"Max, I-"Henry started saying, but seemed at lost of words.

"Young lady, put your wand down this instant!"Dawlish snapped.

"Shut up you old fart"I snapped, and dug my wand deeper into his adam's apple.

"Max, I'm really sorry, I didn't want to hurt your feeling's, I-"

"Answer me this"I interrupted him. I suddenly noticed people that started surrounding us, and I backed away a bit, putting my wand down. I didn't want the school to know that a Ravenclaw went off her bonkers. Worst, that Sirius Black's daughter went off her bonkers.

"Did you ever like me? Or did you only ever date me with the intention of finding out where my dad was"I asked. Dawlish looked at Henry, whom seemed to be calculating his options.

"I only ever liked your hair"he finally snarled, before lifting a finger and twirling it around a strand of my hip length hair, and smelling it. "You always smelled nice"

"Back off"I said, repulsed.

"Yeah, Henry, how about you back off of her"came a voice from behind me. I thought it was Tony for a second, coming to join Andrea and I, but suddenly Bill Weasley appeared by my side.

"You have no reason to be here Weasley, back off"Henry huffed.

"On the contrary, I have every right to be here. First of all, this is my student that you are assaulting. Second of all, Dumbledore sent me down to let you know that you've been politely asked to leave this castle, and return to the Ministry. Apparently it's not well viewed to be manipulating and coaxing a student" There was a huge crowd of people around us now, including teachers.

"He has no right to order my man around"Dawlish said angrily. Bill raised an eyebrow and turned to him.

"The Headmaster would also like you to be on your way back to the ministry. He spoke with the Minister of Magic, and they've come to agreements to appoint Kingsley Shacklebolt as the new head of the Sirius Black search team"Bill announced.

Dawlish swore very loudly. Henry, just as furious, took a angry step towards me, taking his wand out. Bill, in the spite of the moment, pushed me aside, and went in front of me.

"Henry, don't!"Andrea yelled angrily,and she stomped over to her older brother. He looked down at his younger sister surprised by her outburst.

"How dare you threaten my best friend like that! Do you want to go to Azkaban?! We already have Penny that messed up, you're just going to break mum and dad's heart, you stupid piece of shit!" She yelled, and some students chuckled. She stomped on his foot, making him jump in pain.

"Let's go"Dawlish snapped. Henry didn't need to be told twice, as he quickly leaves the school, students applauding after him.

"Max, I'm so sorry, I can't believe this, why do my siblings need to be such dipshits"Andrea said, rushing by my side.

"It's not your fault Andrea"I said quietly. 

"Miss Black, are you-"Bill started asking me concerningly, but I backed away from him.

"Just leave me alone"I snapped, and much to my embarrassment, tears swelled in my eyes. Realizing there were still a crowd around us, I pull my hair around my eyes, and run up the stairs to my dormitory. The eagle knocker is there, waiting for me. 

"I come from a mine but am surrounded by wood anyways. Everyone uses me. What am I?"it asked. I swore. This was my first time back at my dormitory so I haven't been able to figure out this riddle yet.

"Can't I get a free pass, for my birthday?"I begged, but it didn't move. I sight and sit for a moment, thinking. But my brain was filled with what just had happened, that the logical part of me couldn't think. 

"I don't know ok? Just let met in!"I said, frustrated but it didn't budge, not to my surprise. 

"Its a lead pencil"said a dreamy voice behind me. 

"Correct"the eagle knocker said, and open the door. I look behind me, and recognized the girl as one of the 3rd years, who most people called crazy because of her weird habits, and accessories. She seemed nice enough though. I think her name was Laura? 

"Thanks"I said, and she smiled at me and nodded. We entered the common room only to find it empty. 

"I saw what happened down there. If you ask me, you shouldn't of ever dated that boy. He seemed pretty cruel"Laura(?) said matter of factly. 

"I didn't ask you, but thanks, I guess"I said, an eyebrow raised. 

"Whenever something like that happens to me, I usually try to find what in that situation bothered me and what I can do to fix it. Or at least, diminish the pain"she said wisely. My eyebrow went even more high. How was she so wise for a 13 year old??

"Thanks"I said again. 

"Well, I'm going to go look for grindylows now. I hope you feel better soon"she said sweetly, and skipped away, leaving me looking at her in disbelief. I sat down on a poof, and thought about what she said. What did bother me in that situation? Of course, the fact that Henry was manipulating me, and never really liked me. But that was fixed, as he was gone now. Forever. But for some reason, I knew there was something else upsetting me. I twirl a strand of hair absentmindedly, when I realized what it was, and let go of my hair in disgust. 

My hair. That's what bothered me. I thought back at what he said: I only ever liked your hair...

I get up, resoluted, and march upstairs to my dorm. I go in, ignore Peneloppe who was studying in her bed, and march in the washroom. I stare at my long hair, one last time, wondering if I was going to feel regret for what I was about to do. But a part of me knew I wouldn't. So I took my wand out, and very carefully, I chopped my hair to shoulder length(https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/600386194061391378/ ). Once I was done, I looked down at the heap of hair, and back at myself in the mirror. I felt no regret. Instead, I felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.