14 - Junkyard

Important question: should y/n go along with the Best Friends Squad in space? Or should they stay on earth and not be in the story anymore?

Bow's POV

We all piled into the car again. Y/n went in the driver's seat, Roe in the passenger. The rest of us sat in the back, with Catra on Adora's lap and Melog spread over mine and Glimmer's.

"Where are we going?" Adora asked.

"You'll see," y/n replied as we got back out on the road. "I don't want to get your hopes up, though. We may not find what we need."

While y/n focused on driving, Roe turned around and started asking questions.

"What planet are you from?" she wondered. "Is it in the Milky Way?"

"Etheria," Glimmer said. "It was originally in the galaxy Despondos, but then the world got transported somewhere else."

"Wow," Roe muttered. "How did that happen?"

"Uh... I guess you could say it was a magical reaction," I said.

"Magic?" Y/n repeated. "You're from a world with magic?"

"Well, yeah," Catra said, with just a tad bit of frustration in her tone. "How else would you explain Melog's ability to disappear?"

"Or Adora's ability to turn into She-Ra?" I added, but then I remembered neither of our new friends knew who she was.

"What's a She-Ra?" Y/n and Roe asked at the same time.

Catra shifted her position so she was facing Adora, then kissed her. There was a flash of light, then Adora transformed into She-Ra. The car swerved as y/n glanced back at Adora in the review mirror. Roe stared at her in shock with her mouth open.

"How the f*** did you do that?!" she demanded.

"Language!" Y/n scolded. Roe swatted them dismissively.

"Normally she has to yell for the honour of Grayskull, but... I'm not really sure what just happened," Glimmer said, confused.

"That's how Catra saved me at the heart of Etheria," Adora explained.

"Whoa whoa whoa wait," I said, shaking my hands. "So you're telling me that all it took for you to save the world was a kiss from Catra?"

"Well, that, and also a confession of love," Adora said, hugging Catra with a dorky smile.

"Hey!" Catra squealed. "It was not!"

"Yeah, yeah, sure," Adora snorted.

"Aww," Roe mumbled. "You guys are so cute!"

"I am not cute!"

"We're here!" Y/n announced, interrupting the argument. They put the car in park, and everyone exited the vehicle.

"Uh... where exactly is here?" I asked, as we stared at a tall fence.

"Welcome to the junkyard!" y/n said, gesturing for us to follow them. "There's plenty of scrap metal you can use."

"Have you been here before?" Glimmer asked as we walked towards the gate.

"Nope! But how bad can it be?"

"Uh..." Adora started. She was staring through the open gate. "Pretty bad."

"Wow," I said, peering into the junkyard. "That's a lot of stuff."

"C'est énorme!" Roe exclaimed. "I didn't expect it to be so big."

"Hey, Crop Top, is this any good?"

I ran over to Catra, who had dug out a wide sheet of metal from one of the piles.

"Hmm," I murmured as I crouched down to study the material. "It's not in the best condition, but I think it'll work for a temporary repair."

"Temporary?" Catra repeated, concern in her tone.

"Well, yeah. Earth doesn't seem to have the same metals as Etheria, which are the ones we need to properly repair Darla. However, this"—I pointed to the sheet— "should last us a day or two in space."

"Um, in case you haven't noticed, it's going to take us longer than a couple days to reach Etheria, Arrow Boy."

"If we use whatever's left of the reserved fuel to put us in high power, we can get home twice as fast as it took to get to Earth."

"I hope you're right," Catra sighed, fidgeting with the piece of metal. Once she had a good hold on it, she carried it down to the bottom of the mound.

"There's more over here!" Adora called. She pulled another wide sheet out of a pile and hauled it down to our collection so far.

We spent the next little while digging up metal that I could use to mend the ship. It wasn't long before we had enough pieces.

"Does anybody else hear that?" Catra asked suddenly.

"What?" Glimmer wondered.

Catra's ears twitched as she tried to identify the source. "I don't know. It sounds like a wail."

"A whale?" I clarified. "Like the adorable sea animal?"

"No!" she scoffed, climbing up to the top of a mound. She peered over the fence bordering the junkyard. "Is it normal here for cars to be flashing red and blue?"

"Uh, oh," Y/n said.

"What is it?" Adora questioned.

"C'est la police!" Roe said, joining Catra at the top of the pile. "They're coming this way; we we should get out of here."

"We can't just run from the cops!" Y/n protested. "That's an offence!"

"Relax, they're probably not coming after us," Roe retorted, sliding down the heap. "But we should clear out of here just in case."

"We're at a junkyard without a permit and we're taking—stealing—things from it. I'm pretty sure they're coming here to ticket us," y/n argued worriedly.

"I have no idea what a 'ticket' is, but I'm guessing it's a bad thing," Catra said, running for the gate. "Come on! Get in the car!"

Nobody resisted the request. The seven of us slid into the car, with Glimmer on top of me. Catra sat in the driver's seat, with Melog on her lap.

"What are you doing? You don't have a license!" y/n accused from the back seat.

"I won't need one," Catra replied confidently. Melog suddenly disappeared into thin air, while simultaneously melting into the vehicle. Although we could still the the inside of the car, when I looked in the mirror on the side of the vehicle, the exterior was invisible.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I questioned as Catra played with the gears.

"I'm not about to let y/n and Roe get in trouble for help us," she said, stepping on the gas pedal. "Hang on!"

"Catra!" Y/n screamed as we got on the road. "You're in the wrong lane!"