27 - The Protests

y/n's POV

Bow, Roe, Scorpia, Perfuma and I were doing our best to stop the people's outrage, but we weren't succeeding. The residents of Plumeria and Brightmoon were easily convinced that everything was fine and that Angella's okay and blah blah blah, but the rest of them were making demands. They surrounded the five of us, chanting something.

Elvish queen! Elvish queen!

"What does that even mean?" I muttered.

"They must be talking about Angella," Roe offered.

"Huh. She kinda does look like an elf from Lord of the Rings," I replied, but as time went on, their chants became more synchronized, and what they were actually saying became clear.

Selfish queen! Selfish queen!

"Who they calling selfish?" Scorpia demanded. "They can't talk about Glimmer that way! I'm gonna kick their asses for insulting that adorable little glitter bomb!"

"How do you know it's Glimmer they're talking about?" Bow asked. He seemed a little defensive about that.

"Well, Angella saved the entire world by sacrificing herself," Perfuma said. "Plus, Glimmer kind of tried to activate the heart of Etheria which nearly got us all killed..."

"You can't take away our home! We have nowhere else to go!" someone from the crowd yelled.

"You're just gonna send us to the Crimson Waste?! That ain't a place for soldiers like us."

"Stop trying to demolish the Fright Zone!"

"Who are these people?" I asked Bow, backing up into him. I didn't like this at all.

"They used to be Horde soldiers," he explained, notching an arrow as a precaution. "But I don't understand... what's going on with the Fright Zone?"

"Back it up people, back it up!" Scorpia ordered.

"You're really putting a crimp in my harmony!" Perfuma cried, covering her ears.

"Everybody calm down!" someone yelled from above. It was Glimmer, flying with Adora on Swift Wind. The winged horse hovered over the crowd, and even from where I stood, I could see the anger on Glimmer's face. She jumped off of Swift Wind, then halfway to the ground, she teleported so she could land safley.

"Ten out of ten on dramatic entrance, darling! Bravo!" a voice called from behind, applauding loudly.

"Double Trouble?" Scorpia questioned. "You were here the whole time and never bothered to help us?"

"You know I only work for a price," the reptailian actor smiled, but then they transformed into a human-like figure and disappeared into the crowd.

"Carry on!" they called, but I didn't even know where they were anymore.

"What is the meaning of this?" Glimmer demanded of the people surrounding us.

"The Fright Zone," a girl called. "You're tearing it down."

"What? No we're not!"

"Then how do you explain the destruction? Two days ago, everything was fine, and now there's tanks destroying all the buildings--we had to evacuate."

"Tanks..." Glimmer muttered. "None of the princesses uses that kind of technology, not even Entrapta. The only kingdom that has them—"

"Is the Horde itself," Scorpia finished.

Glimmer thought for a moment, then teleported away. I didn't see where she went, but the next thing I know, there's a distress beacon shooting up from Bright Moon palace.

"Everyone, follow Perfuma into the palace," Glimmer ordered once she returned.

"Is it just me or do the numers seem low?" Entrapta asked. I didn't even realize she was next to me.

"Where have you been?" I whispered.

"What did you mean by 'the numbers seem low?'" Bow asked.

"The amount of people here is surprisingly smaller than than I would expect. If the Fright Zone is inhabitable at the moment, then wouldn't all of the ex-soldiers be here protesting?"

"That... that's actually a good point," I said, then called on some random dude before he walked away towards the palace. "Where's the rest of the Horde?"

"This is all that's left," he said. "The others moved to the Crimson Waste a while ago to start a new life. Those cowards dumped the responsibility of maintaining the Fright Zone on all of us."

"Oh," was all I could say. The ex-soldier took my silence as permission to head into the castle with everyone else.

"Okay guys, suit up. As soon as the other princesses get here, we're going to the Fright Zone," Glimmer said.

"Cool," I nodded.

"Nuh uh," Bow shook his head. "You and Roe are staying here."

"Aww..." I complained, but before I could argue, Glimmer grabbed my and Roe's arm and teleported away.

We appeared in a room with feathers everywhere. Catra was laughing as she was chased around by Finn, and Mara was in a crib—a real one this time, not a cardboard box. The feathers on the floor seemed to have come from the bed in the middle of the room, which had a huge hole in the center.

"Hey, Sparkles," Catra said. When she stopped running, Finn crashed into her ankles. "What's up?"

"We've got a problem," Glimmer said, taking the feline's hand and teleporting away.

Finn gasped. "Where'd she go?"

"Uh... to take care of something," I offered.

"Is she coming back?"

"Hopefully," Roe said. I shot her a look.

"Definitely," I corrected. "In the meantime, why don't we play a game?"

—————

A/n

Sorry for the short chapter but I don't want to keep u guys waiting

Love u all <3