32 - The Surprise

It's been so long since I've updated, sheesh. I hope you're all doing well! 

Adora's POV

We stayed up all night. As promised, at dawn, Entrapta had Darla ready to fly back to Earth. She was excited to get back out into space, so she was going to accompany Y/n and Roe.

"Promise you'll come back one day?" Bow asked.

"Of course!" they both replied. After a group hug, the three of them boarded the ship. Y/n and Roe waved from the window as Entrapta started the engine, and within minutes, they were off into the air. I turned to Catra, who was looking a little sad.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I guess."

"I'm gonna miss them too."

"Pssh, no. I won't miss them!"

I laughed. "Yeah, sure. Come on, let's go back inside."

I took her hand and led her to the door. On the way there, Glimmer linked arms with me, as well as Bow on her left.

"The palace will be a lot quieter without those two," Bow said. "But all in all, I'm just glad we met them."

—————-weeks later (sorry for jumping around a lot)-----------

The Fright Zone was in the final stages of being rebuilt. I felt like I hardly ever saw Catra anymore; she'd go help with the construction, then she'd come home, but then she'd disappear for a couple hours. I was starting to think she was avoiding me. 

We went to go have dinner. Tonight, none of our friends were joining us. The meal was amazing (as always), but Catra ate so quickly, she practically inhaled her food. 

"I'm going to go take a nap," she said, standing up. 

"Want me to come with you?" I asked, catching her hand. 

She smiled sweetly and gave my hand a squeeze. "No, that's okay. You stay here and enjoy your dinner."

"You sure? I can eat later--"

"Adora, sit down!" Glimmer ordered, which made Bow spit out his water. "Let the cat sleep in peace!" 

"Thanks Sparkles," Catra laughed, then scampered off. 

"You didn't have to yell at me," I pouted. 

"You know what? Why don't you and I go on a walk through the gardens? It's such a nice day out," Glimmer said after a while. 

"Um... okay," I shrugged. I finsished my meal and followed her out the door. I snuck a glance at Bow to see if he was coming with us, but he had suddenly disappeared. 

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Glimmer said as soon as we got outside. "I promised Bow I'd help him with something. I gotta go but you can stay out here okay bye!!"

I blinked in confusion as she teleported away, but I shook it off. She was right; it was nice out. I might as well enjoy it even though I was by myself. I strolled through the palace gardens, admiring the greenery for a bit. On my way back through the halls, I heard the sound of something falling from within Glimmer's room, so knocked on her door to see if she was alright. Instead of stepping out through the door, she teleported to the other side.

"Adora! What a surprise," she said with a forced smile on her face. "You need something?"

"No, I was just seeing if everything's—what's going on in there?" I asked as another crash occurred.