31 - Sleepover

Sorry this took so long! School's getting in the way, and I didn't have much time to write this so it's pretty short.

Catra's POV

"It's not that we aren't grateful for this adventure you brought us on or anything, but Roe and I were wondering when we could go home," y/n said.

I felt like such an idiot. How could we forget that our two new friends belonged back on earth?

"You can leave whenever you'd like," Angella said. "We'll have a space ship prepared for you."

"Do you really have to go?" Bow asked, his eyes sparkling.

y/n smiled sadly.

"You'll come and visit, right?" Glimmer asked.

"Bien sûr!" Roe assured us. "You can pick us up for another adventure any time."

"Maybe you can stay with us on Earth for a bit," y/n said.

"Oh, no thank you," I said. "I've seen enough of that place to know I don't like it."

Adora laughed. "Remember when we got chased by the cops?"

"How could we forget?" Glimmer giggled.

"And when Catra lost it on the mechanic?" Y/n said.

"Hmph," I huffed. "He deserved it."

"Not sure what a cop or a mechanic is, but sounds like fun," Mermista said.

"Adventure!" Sea Hawk agreed, pumping his fist into the air.

"Sit down," Mermista hissed, tugging on his shirt.

"I'll have the ship ready at dawn," Entrapta said. "Assuming you want to leave as soon as possible."

"Better not delay the inevitable," Y/n sighed.

"Why dawn?" I asked Entrapta.

She shrugged. "More dramatic."

"Can't argue with that," Adora said. "Well, since this will be our last night together, why don't we do something fun?"

---------time skippppp (cuz laziness)---------

We invited some friends to Bright Moon for something Glimmer called a "sleepover." I didn't see the appeal at first--what was so interesting about people sleeping in the same building as each other?--but I decided to go along with it.

As Adora and Bow started covering the floor of Glimmer's bedroom with pillows, blankets, and cushions, I helped y/n  set up a screen and a projector. Entrapta was working with Roe to download some of the things she had saved on her phone that we could watch, which didn't really make sense to me but whatever. 

"I got the snacks!" Glimmer announced, teleporting in the room. As the queen, her quarters were the largest in the entire palace, which was why we were all stationed in here.

"Cool," y/n said. "Catra and I have everything set up for the movie. Roe, you got your phone ready yet?"

"Almost. Entrapta's having trouble figuring out how to charge it. But it's getting there!"

"Hello, everyone!" Perfuma said, walking in with Scorpia.

"Ooh, pillows!" Scorpia cheered, running over to a pile of them and jumping right in the center.

"As long as it stay's plugged in to the charger, it should be fine," Entrapta said to Roe. "Here, connect it to the speaker."

"You have speakers here?" y/n asked.

"We do now!"

"Man, if we had scientists like you on Earth, I think climate change would have a solution by now."

"WE ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS--" suddenly blasted out of the speakers, followed by a crackling sound as Roe pulled the cord out of her phone.

"Sorry," she muttered as everyone slowly uncovered their ears.

"At least we know the speakers work," I said. "What was that, anyway?"

"A TV show... but we want a movie, right?"

"Right," y/n agreed. "What do you have downloaded on your phone?"

Roe stared at the small screen. "All I've got is Madagascar and the entire Pirates of the Caribbean series."

Y/n stared at her. "How do you have space for over 10 hours worth of movies? And more importantly, why would you use it on that?"

"Don't judge me! I forgot to delete them."

"Well, we don't have time for an entire series, so... Madagascar it is."

"It's all set up!" Entrapta announced, then clicked her voice log. "Movie theatre experiment, take one."

Entrapta clicked a few things, then an image shot out of the projector and onto the wall.

"Whoa!" Bow exclaimed. "That's so cool!"

"Why do they look like that?" I asked, scrunching my brow in confusion at the anatomically incorrect lion.

"Hmm..." Entrapta muttered. "I might have messed up the wiring..."

"No, no!" Roe said. "That's how they're supposed to look."

"That's what a lion looks like on Earth?" I asked.

"No, it's a cartoon," y/n said with a laugh. "Come on, lets pause it until the others get here."

The rest of the princesses arrived, as well as Double Trouble and Huntara. Lonnie, Rogelio, and Kyle finally made it back from the Fright Zone just after we started the movie. I curled up with my head on Adora's lap, grateful for this time together with friends.