CHAPTER 5

Neither one of them uttered a single word. Elin stared at the Hellion’s eyes searching for answers. She could no longer sense any hostility from him.

“So, you’re the one who’s been using MY house”, the Hellion claimed. 

“This is YOUR house? This area is still part of the Kingdom of Fraus. You’re basically trespassing”, Elin corrected.

“No one BASICALLY owns this forest. You don’t have the right to claim what is not yours”, the Hellion said.

“But, I’m not going to throw you out. You kept this house squeaky clean. But I ask you to keep your mouth shut regarding my presence.Or else...”, he said with a threatening voice.

“Or else, what? You can’t kill me and you know that”, Elin was confused. No matter what you do or what weapon you use, you can’t kill your fated one. Unless...

“Well, ACCIDENTS happen, am I right?  Miiiiss---?”, the Hellion raised his eyebrows.

“huh? Ahhh. EL, y-you can call me El”, Elin answered.

She can’t antagonize him right now. He is undeniably stronger even if Elin and Nero combine their strength. Anything that he might do will definitely result to Elin’s death INDIRECTLY

“El, I see. I see. Well, you can call me Leo. So---

--- EL, I will allow you to stay here but you need to repair that window”, he pointed at the window he shattered a while ago.

“Okay”, Elin immediately responded.

Leo stared at her intently.

“Is something wrong?”, she asked timidly.

“Are you not afraid? By the looks of it, it’s the first time you’ve seen a hellion. You kept on staring at me. You’re practically drilling a hole on my face”, Leo was bewildered by Elin.

For an Easton and a Hellion to be in the same room was extraordinary but for both to be fated ones were far more astonishing.

People who lived in the Kingdom of Fraus were called Eastons by their ancestors. The Eastons and Hellions have been enemy many centuries back. The current Kings of both country agreed for a peace treaty to stop the war. However, not one of either side must pass the border unless they have the license to trade between countries.

“Are you not surprised about that thing?”, Elin wanted to know the thoughts of Leo.

“That Thing? Oh. You mean the deflection of the dagger earlier? That was probably a blunder on my part. We can’t possibly be fated since we’re of different race”, Leo declared.

Elin accepted such explanation. An Easton and a Hellion can never be fated. There was not even a record of it ages ago. Such phenomenon was impossible.

As Elin raised her head after thinking arduously, Leo was gone.

“I didn’t even notice he was gone”, Elin was surprised of how quiet Leo moves. She didn’t even heard a single sound when he left.

She approached the window and picked up the broken glasses.

“If only I was not injured and my mana was replenished, I could have parried his attacks”, Elin whispered while looking at her bruised and bleeding forearms. Her abdominal wound was beginning to heal but now, she has additional wound in her forearms.

“What’s up with that guy? He just left like nothing happened”, Nero appeared on Elin’s side.

“Let me clean that up for you, Elin. You need to bandage that wound”, Nero insisted.

“Why is Luck never on my side?”, Elin grumbled. As she was about to pick the last shattered glass, Elin was cut by the sharpness of its edges.

She stared at her bleeding index finger and realized something.

Nero glanced at the recent wound on Elin’s. “Why do you keep injuring yourself? Are you perhaps a m--”

“Nero, I’ve made a mistake”, Elin said with eyes wide open.

“I didn’t injur the abdomen of my substitute. Will they know it wasn’t me?”, Elin was looking worried by such a stupid mistake.

“What? You’re thinking about that now? The body was burnt to a crisp. If it’s bothering you so much, I will go there and pierce it myself. Now, MOVE! I still need to clean this up”, Nero sighed.

“Right. Right. They can’t possibly notice. The body was completely burnt. I was too excited to finally be free”, Elin calmed down.

“Yeah. Yeah. Don’t worry too much. Just stay here and heal up soon. I’m going to deal with it”, Nero said reassuringly.

“I’m glad I have you, Nero”, Elin smiled while bandaging her wound.

Nero silently finished cleaning and faced Elin.

“Now, you wait here while I’ll go and do my job. I still have a corpse to pierce”, he winked at the Lady sitting on the bed.

“Come back soon”, Elin warmly smiled at Nero.

“I’ll always be there right beside you. I always have and always will be”, Nero murmured before disappearing.