Some interesting things

So I was talking to my girlfriend the other day and apparently these facts are kinda interesting lmfao. So I thought I'd share them with you😂😂

Also ik the chapter name sucks. Not a word 🙂💣

•Taehyung wasn't supposed to escape from Jungkook originally and was supposed to be saved by The Fallen Angels.

But then I got sick of plots where Taehyung acts like a damsel in distress so I made him kinda badass.

•Taehyung's dad was originally supposed to be a sweetheart and Jungkook's dad was supposed to be the cause of Kim Taeri's death.

•Jungkook was supposed to be an ass for more than half the story but he turned into a softie cuz my fingers wanted it¯\_(ツ)_/¯

•A lot of FR was made up on the spot when I was typing out the chapters and I only decided and formulated the ending towards the 14th chapter or something😂

•Taehyung was originally supposed to die at the end of the story.

•I did quite a lot of research on DID before this and realised that this is actually a quite interesting topic.

•There are some points I haven't mentioned in the story because it just doesn't provide openings for them. Unnecessarily elongating the story would make it very boring. So I'm mentioning those things here for anyone who wants a better understanding of the story. Because you can only truly appreciate something if you understand it well.

Only continue reading if you want to know more about Taehyung's alters and their actions in various parts of the story and learn some facts about Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Some of you may already be aware of some of the things I say, so all info on DID and alters is given in bold font so skip them if you know them!

1) The host is the personality part/alter that has executive control of the body for the greatest percentage of time during a given time period. This is the identity who manages every day life and does not normally hold trauma memories.

In Father's Rival, Taehyung is obviously the host.

2)The alter who is in immediate control of the body is said to be the alter 'in the light'.

3) Suho is a gatekeeper alter with insider characteristics. Which is a rare combination. But it's likely when there's a very painful memory to be forgotten.

-A gatekeeper holds back memories or decides which alter gets control of the body and when.

-an insider is an alter who is not primarily responsible for everyday life. They often hold traumatic memories.

4) V is a protector with persecutor and ISH characteristics.

-Protector alters try to manage rage and anger, and avoid feelings of hurt, fear or shame. They focus on perceived threats, and find dependence, emotional needs and close relationships (attachment) threatening. Defensive "acting out" may be directed at a therapist or others close to the person.

-Protector alters are common, there are three main types: 'fight' parts, persecutors and caretakers.
(I'm only explaining persecutor cuz V is one. You can find more info on the other two categories online if you're interested 😊)

-Persecutors have defensive intentions, despite their often self-destructive behaviors such as self-injury or eating disorder behaviors.

-Internal Self Helpers (ISH): These alters are helper parts. They have extensive understanding of different alters and how they work together, and often help by explaining things to the therapist.

I made him both a persecutor and ISH so that he could be protective of Tae, but not in a self-destructive way. Plus giving him ISH characteristics meant he was able to help create another alter and communicate with him in the beginning.

5) In the beginning of the story it seems like V is the dominant alter. But from the moment we meet Suho it is obvious that he gains control of the hosts body easily and quickly submerges V. Hence Suho is the gatekeeper. But since he holds traumatic memories from Taehyung's childhood and was originally created by V, who meant for him to be an insider, he doesn't take on the role of gatekeeper or come to light until V realizes it's time to reveal the truth to Taehyung.

V isn't aware of the existence of Suho until he makes an appearance during the talk with Jin. V purposefully chooses to forget the presence of a third alter in order to protect Taehyung from the trauma of his childhood. Suho takes control right after V subconsciously decides that it is time for Taehyung to know the truth about his past (when he tries to remember what happened during the conversation with Jin)

6) Taehyung's first conversation with V which the readers see is the one that takes place when he's in the bar with Jungkook. The alter tries to take control because it feels threatened by the presence of Jungkook who had earlier harmed taehyung and started a small argument at the bar.

7) The alters don't actually have striking changes in features in real life. Their perception of themselves might be with varying features from the host. I portrayed it this way cuz this was purely fiction and i wanted to kinda stress on the change in their perspective of things.

I gave V's eyes Hazel colour because he's the alter Taehyung has contact with constantly and I wanted his features to be similar to Taehyung's to represent their close relationship.

Suho however has blue eyes because:
1) he doesn't stay with Taehyung throughout his life as a friend and doesn't have such a close relationship with him. He is mentally detached from Taehyung for more than half of his existence so I wanted his eye colour to vary a lot from Taehyung's.
And 2) I like blue eyes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8) V, Suho and Tae all share core behavioural traits but I purposefully made them kinda differ from each other in their perspective of things so that the different attitudes, and preferences could help understand the variations between the host and alters made to protect the individual.

9) Also when I wrote of V's eye colour lingering in the epilogue, it was originally meant to symbolise the fact that the alters are a part of the host that never truly leaves them. But everyone was really happy that V was back and I didn't wanna ruin it😂😂

I learned this concept from the book 'Tell Me Your Dreams' by Sidney Sheldon. One of the alters recite 'pop goes the weasel' as a habit and after the host is cured she sings the song in an ominous way at the end of the book.

That book is a masterpiece btw. Any Sidney Sheldon fans here?

That's all lol. This turned out to be a lot longer than I meant for it to be lmao.

If anyone has any further questions you can ask them here and I'll do a Q&A to answer them :)

You can ask questions to different characters too if you want to!

I hope you're all doing well! Take care!
Borahae💜