Ch. 12 *Edited*

Percy POV:

"It's tricky, you'll need the gods' permission and protection, but you are our greatest weapon, Percy, so I would think about it before you do something you'll regret."

I realize that he's right. I can't leave my friends, my family, alone to fend for themselves. I'll have to suck it up and fight through it, even if it means going insane. Plus, I didn't want the gods to get in on this. Chiron seems to read my mind and gives me a small smile.

"I'll go get the potion."

"Hey, Perry!"

"What?" I'm not a platypus, Grapey.

"What?"

"Okaaaaayyy, well, see you, Winey!" I sit on the front porch. I need to focus, focus on how I can keep everyone safe. Try and find a way to stop the war, to make everything at peace again.

"You know, Percy, sometimes it's better to look after yourself before others. You've fought and trained tirelessly," Chiron trots out of the door with a bag full of orange vials. "You're too loyal trying to keep others happy and living their best lives, and not spending any time on yourself."

"But-"

"Percy, it's a fact you can't just save others; you have to save yourself too. Now, I'm sure the others are waiting for you."

"Thanks, Chiron, I mean it. Look, if I don-"

"Percy, if you start talking like that, you're never going to stop. Take one vial a day." He hands me the bag and ushers me along.

"Bye, Chiron." I know it's useless to try and argue anymore. "Just wish I could find a way to solve this without war."

"So do I," Chiron nods. "Bye, Percy."

I jog over to my cabin. I forgot to grab something. The little bracelet that had appeared the night the Fleece was stolen. It's black, with Greek Letters on it, the most notable being Theta and Omega. I go back to the ship, bag of vials on my back and this new bracelet on my wrist.

"Leo!" I look around for him. I walk into the dining room and see Leo and Annabeth hovering over a plan. "What are you guys doing?"

"We're trying to find the best route to Duluth," Annabeth doesn't look up from the map.

"Nautical or land?" I walk over to look at the map.

"Nautical would take longer, land this is shorter. We're thinking land from New Jersey to the upper peninsula of Michigan. From there, we'd go through the Aerial Lift Bridge up in Duluth. We'll go on foot from there."

"How long is it going to take?"

"About a day, maybe a few depending on the speed."

"Leo?"

"What, Chickenboy?"

"Chic- never mind. We good to go?"

"I just need to check the engines and gas, then we should be good to go."

"Percy," Annabeth says. "I've decided to stay at camp."

"Why?" The only quest I hadn't been on with her was with Hazel and Frank.

"They'll need someone to help train in different areas of expertise, and besides," she looks up at me. "If you're gone, they'll need a leader."

"Ok," I say, it'll be an odd shift from going on quests with her all my life. Besides the one with Hazel and Frank, I didn't exactly know who she was at that point, just her name. "Stay safe."