♧ chapter 5 ♧

after the warm up, you start practicing serves. But this time you aren't reciving them with Noya after the incident that happend on monday.

. . .

It was time for you to do a serve, Tanaka tossed you a ball.

You stood in place holding the ball and deciding what type of serve are you going to do.

After thinking for a while you decide on a jump float serve.

You stand there, holding the ball in your ( non dominant hand ) and holding the other hand in the the air - kinda behind your head, you go in front, throw the ball in the air, jump and hit it.

The ball went over the net, but it was close to it tho.

Daichi told you that the serve was really good. You just have to keep practicing for you to actually be sure the ball will land on the opponents side of the court every time. You thanked him, and kinda stepped aside from the boys to keep practicing your serves, they all barely made it in, but you were proud of them.

After the serves, coach Ukai called you all, and told you that you are going to play a match.

The team is going to split in half and play.

You were very excited because you are going to be playing with the boys.

on your team were -
Tsukishima, Sugawara, Tanaka, Ennoshita, Yamaguchi and you.

On the other team were:

Hinata, Kageyama, Daichi, Nishinoya, Asahi, Kinoshita.

Narita couldn't come to the practice that day ( just go with it please ).

. . .

The match has started, you were super excited 'couse you were playing as a libero.

Firstly, Daichi served the ball.
You recived it, but it has left a big red mark on both of your arms. You ignored it and kept playing.

The ball was up in the air. Suga ran to the ball, so he could make a set. TANAKA - Suga yelled as Tanaka Jumped and spiked the ball. Asahi recived it and tossed it to Kageyama. Kageyama made a set for Kinoshita, he hit the ball with all his strenght, but Ennoshita got it up in the air, the ball went to Tsukishima, and he actually made a set, he called Yamaguchi's name. Yamaguchi was anxious, but he still ran, jumped and spiked the ball. Noya came running, as he was sliding on the floor, everyone heard a sound of the ball hiting the ground - you were the ones who scored the first point.

noya was kind of mad but he tried to hold it in as best as he could, it was still noticable tho.

Yamaguchi was up to serve, he did a jump float, noya thought it was an out, but the ball hit the ground just a little beofer the line. Yesssss! You got the second point.

You kept on playing but they won the first set. You took the second set. The third one was very intense. But in the end you took the set with a 1 point difference. It was Asahi's serve that went out, you won just because of that, otherwise you would have probably lost the match.

Coach Ukai was very happy with how the match went.

Asahi was frozen in place and he was very nervous like always, you decided to come up to him, you hugged him from behind and said that he doesn't need to worry about it, it's normal that very powerfull serves go out. He looked at you from above and said: " the problem is, mine is not that powerfull". You smiled at him and said: if it's not powerfull why did it go out?

'Couse I can't control my serves, and they are not good enough, and, and, and...

Don't worry Asahi-san it's alright! You said while giving him a very warm smile, he smiled back at you.

Your pov

great, I'm glad he isn't that nervous anymore. He maybe looks scary but he is just a baby inside...

° ° °

You were in front of your house standing with Tsukki, the rain was pouring. You both were wet like you just got out of a pool.

Tsukishima left you in front of your house and started walking to his.

Tsukishima

He turned around and looked at you - "yes"?

you ran up to him and you hugged him tight.

"What is it now"?

you let go of him and look at the ground.

"what is it (last name)?"

he came closer and pulled your head up gently, he saw tears comming down your face. You wiped them as quickly as possible with your already wet sleeve but he saw them.

"why are you crying?" - the tall salty boy said with a cold emotionless voice

You look him straight in the eye, you were standing on your toes trying to be closer to his face, he bent down a little, you came closer and your noses almost touched, you turned around and ran into your house dropping your bag on the sidewalk. You closed the door and locked them, you sat on the floor, back resting on your front door still in your wet uniform. You slaped your self.

What was I thinking, why did I do that. I don't even like him that way- you thought while knowing deep inside that you did that on purpose. Deep inside you knew you liked him, but why? He was always mean and salty. But you still liked him. Deep down you knew that you didn't just like the caring side of him, you didn't care that he's salty or whatever, you just knew you liked him.
You were trying to push that feeling away, it wasn't welcome. You didn't want to like your best friend in that way, but your heart did not listen to your brain...

• • •

Not wanting to face the tall guy, the next day, you stayed home, ditching the classes and practice.

you thought he was going to be mad at you, you just knew it was going to be awkward not just for you but for him too.

You knew that 'couse what happend last night, you probably wouldn't even be able to concetrate at school - so what was the point of even going?...