Chapter 8: Fearful Events

Levi's POV

Popping my head into her classroom, I saw her rubbing her temples furiously. Red marks would pop out whenever she rubbed a certain area. Her eyes weren't even focusing on anything- just at her desk. Papers were outlined on her desk- scattered with red marks. Of course. Grading.

No creaks were sounded when I walked over to her. I smiled brightly, chuckling softly as I swooped behind her. Kissing right under her chin, I could hear her squeal in surprise. "L-Levi?! W-What are you doing...?"

Stepped back and observed it all. Her brightly lit eyes filling her face filled of stressed. "Here to always give you a smile. Let me see here..." I looked down on the papers she was grading- high school... such fond memories. Especially when those memories were filled with Hanji towards my final year in high school. "Eren Jaeger... not bad- 78% on his test. On the other hand, Armin Arlert scored 98%. Wow."

Hanji squashed my hand with the heel of her hand- chuckling as she scrambled to collect the grading papers. "Not for you to see, Levi. Back off." Though her tone was... serious. Once she collected them into a pile, she let out another heavy sigh. "Levi... I can't do this... you know...?"

"Do what?"

She looked towards me with those saddened eyes of her. "Jim and Taiko-"

Shutting her up, I leaned in and kissed her. "Hanji, you worry too much. For a gal, such as yourself, to think about herself so little, you care for others too much. Even when you were pregnant with those two boys... you chose a lot of risky choices. You know how many times you made me worry when you disappeared all of a sudden to get to the store for whatever your stomach craved?"

Hanji chuckles, which was only temporarily. "But still... this is different..."

"Who gives a slight damn if... well... if they don't want to have a sibling. I'll be honest- they'll change their minds once they meet their sibling. Especially once they know that they're gonna be protective over her."

Hanji smiled, giving a slight wince. "Ah... yes..."

"You okay?" No wonder people call me Hanji's Dog because... I tilt my head too much with her. Too much listening to her- as if she was my master... "Hanji, what's wrong?"

"Must've eaten something bad... maybe the boys." She winced once more. "It just hurts... you know...?"

Worry was soon plastered onto my face. "Hanji... are you sure it's just your stomach hurting because you might've caught something... are you sure it's not something else? I don't even know how well... how well those things work, Hanji. You need to tell me."

Her fingers began to curl up as her wincing grew intense. "L-Levi... I..." She screams in pain and I nearly forgotten how to react. In a hurry, I ran over to her, holding her tightly. "L-Levi..."

"I got you..." Heaving her outside of the classroom, rapidly calling for help... I could feel my heart racing. Beating at an abnormal speed. "Hanji, don't worry... it'll be alright." If it wasn't her screaming and the blood... I wouldn't have assumed she was giving birth... I wouldn't have assumed... my third child would be arriving on this day.