Back to School

AN: I DO NOT OWN GLEE OR IT'S CHARACTERS UNLESS STATED. I AM NOT USING THIS TO MAKE A PROFIT SIMPLE USED FOR ENTERTAINMENT. THE STORY LINE IS MY OWN PLEASE DO NOT USE IT UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION.

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and as always please comment, vote and or favorite, they make me continue to write as I know readers are still interested. This chapter is dedicated to those who did so this week!!

Rachel's Pov

Stepping out of my car I reach down and grab my bag stuffing my keys into it, as I close the door behind me. Freezing to take in my surroundings, scrunching my nose and grimicaning at the mix of crisp humid air that smells like fresh cut grass and sweat, as well as the disgusting smell coming from the dumpsters that no doubt people have been shoved into this morning, even though school opened an hour ago to students that like to come early. I glance around the school parking lot and let a sideways smirk cross my face, eyes squinting beneath my sunglasses as I take in the gawking looks from my classmates that are outside.

Some stare at my car in Jealousy and Awe while others shameless stare at me. I let out a breathy laugh as a tall blonde Football player who walks pass with his arm around a red headed Cheerio trips over his own feet staring at me, as the girl tucked into his side glares at me with a frown maring her face, before rolling her eyes and smacking him on the back of his head. Turning my head from them as she starts to yell at him, I overhear other groups of students' thoughts 'Is she new?' ---- 'who is that? I wonder if she's rich'

They all seem to range around the same question: Am I new? Rolling my eyes I lift my sunglasses onto my head and grip my bag tighter as I walk past the people still seemingly frozen outside, those who manage to snap out of it parting as I walk past them. I once again let out a small laugh as I hear someone on behind me mutter that I smell like Heaven. Getting up to the door a guy with a skateboard in his hands hurries to open the door for me, I give him a flirtatious grin and wink before speaking "Thanks stud" I say in what now is my slightly raspier voice, just another difference from the 'Incident'. He stutters with his words as he stares at me seemingly not knowing where to look as his eyes go up and down my body.

Once again laughing I finally walk through the doors and people once again freeze as the look at me as I make my way down the hallway. Shaking my head I just continue forward, ignoring their looks and thoughts, as well as hushed whispers as I head to the main office to get my schedule. Turning the corner I skid to a stop as I almost run into some of the Gleeks. They too stop walking and stare at me as I raise my right eyebrow waiting for a reaction from the six people standing in front of me. Mercedes seems to be the one to get over her slight gaping first, "R-Rachel?" she says, from her tone I can tell she is clearly confused and shocked. 

I sling my back onto my back as I adjust my left glove on to my hand better, before looking directly at her "Hey Mercedes" I drawl out, amusement in my tone "How was your summer?" I continue knowing very well she clearly is more interested in my own summer and my obvious change in look. She once again just stares with her mouth dropping open slightly, deciding to give her a minute I turn my gave to the other five glancing over Kurt first who seems like he may pass out, next looking at Puck who is smirking at me with a slightly glazed over look in his eyes, which makes me shudder a little as I hear his loud thoughts boom in my head 'MAN RACHEL LOOKS HOT! I WONDER IF I CAN HER TO TAKE A RIDE WITH THE PUCKZILLA IN THE SUPPLY CLOSET LATER, MAYBE I CAN ASK HER TO GIVE ME A HELPING HAND'

Snorting as it's obvious Puck has not changed much over the summer before dragging my eyes over to the last remaining three people who are none other than the Unholy Trinity. Quinn, Brittany and Santana all stare at me with ranging emotions fluttering across their faces. Quinn seems to be less shocked than everyone and more confused and intrigued if the arched eyebrow is anything to go by. While Brittany just smiles at me with a friendly look as always. Santana has a look of respect on her face which is the most surprising to me, snapping out of my assessment and snapping my gaze over to Kurt as he starts to speak.

"RACHEL BERRY!" he says screeching my name out, getting curious looks from people around us who itemitedialy look away once they see the glare directed to them from two parts of the trinity. I chuckle and let a smile grace my lips, eyes crinkling slightly as I know what's going to come out of his mouth next without even having to read his mind. "I knew that if you took off those hideous animal sweaters and plaid skirts you would look amazing! It seems you took my advice over the summer! And look you have a fashion sense too! I'M SO PROUD!" He says, throwing his arms wide open as he finishes speaking before catching me by surprise and pulling me into a tight hug, as he continues to squeal and talk about how much better I look, and how he hopes I burned those hideous sweaters and skirts of mine. I once again smirk in as an inside joke to myself 'Well I did burn the sweaters, just not necessarily on purpose'

I grunt from the pressure of the hug, while it doesn't hurt me as it may once have I would prefer to keep contact to a minimum until I have full control. I wiggle out of his hug and step back some as I look him over with what is quickly becoming my signature smirk, Taking in his baby blue button up shirt and bow tie he no doubt got from blaine. "Hi Kurt, I guess you could say I took your advice, You were right those sweaters were hideous" He laughs before pointing to the deep purple streak in my hair, "Trying color?" He ask "I like it" I let another airy laugh before muttering "It's definitely here to stay"

Puck walks up closer to me before slinging his arm around my shoulders "You look Hot Jewbabe" he says with a cocky smirk on his lips. I give him an answering smirk before flipping my hair slightly "I know" I say simply causing him to crack a smile and laugh his shoulders shaking as he does so. I glance over to Mercedes again who seems to just be bursting with questions before a voice cuts in instead. "So Berry, why the new clothes?" I look over to Hazel/Green eyes and smile at Quinn "Why not? New year, New me. Besides, weren't you the one who always said I should stop talking so much and wear normal clothes? Don't tell me you are complaining now" I say back, quirking my eyebrow up as I question her. Surprisingly she smiles before looking me up and down and says "No complaints here Rachel" she says purring my name out slightly which has me freezing as she never calls me that and definitely never says it like that. I go to speak again before the warning bell goes off, "Well this has been fun, but I need my schedule, see you around" I say with a slightly indifferent tone knowing they will no doubt hunt me down for more answers. As I glide from under Pucks arm and to my destination.