𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

☽˚⁀➷。

in light of everything that had happened in the last few hours, you managed to keep yourself together as you entered your home. opening the door to your room your eyes drifted over to your desk, the small box oikawa had given to you on the day of graduation sat neatly in the center. you remembered coming home and trying to keep yourself from opening the box because you were so tempted to know what was inside. but the words "when im gone" played in your head on repeat. you sniffled slightly as you shuffled over and sat on the chair beside your desk, you gently shook the box and when it made no noise you had decided to finally open it.

the pink note that was folded up was the first thing you saw,

dear y/n,

           im sorry i didnt tell you about argentina sooner. maybe those months we spent fighting over useless nothings couldve been spent with each other. i think about that a lot, but in the end i wouldnt change anything about us, we arent perfect, but id say we're pretty close.

i love you. i know youre expecting me to move on at some point. i know youll move on at some point too,

but part of me wants to hold on to you. part of me wants you to never fall in love again. its selfish, but i cant help it. you are something else.

enclosed in this small box are all the notes that i wrote you, well, the ones i was too scared to give you.

lots of them are from our first and second years, some of them are even from out third year- i was so scared of you for some reason, you were the only person i was scared to try and get close to,

i know now that that was a stupid excuse, i was just scared of rejection.

i know now that you are the one person im sure i can be close too, the one person i know who wont reject me.

i still love you,

and i always will,

- tooru <3

you clasped a hand over your mouth as you choked out a sob. you peeked in the rest of the box, and sure enough, there were tons of little strips of paper. many of the had cliche pick up lines, or just cute compliments.

a lot of them were confessions too.

you though back to it, he had been the one to confess, twice.

even though it was unlikely, you made a promise to yourself,

the next time you saw oikawa,

you would be the one confessing your love.