A Fight With a Lion

"I'm starving"

The black cat meows in agreement, laying on the sword man's lap. 'Who in their right mind doesn't pack any food for the go!'

"When the hell are we gonna reach land?" Zoro whines

"Who knows. We're just going with the wind and waves, wherever they take us. We might not even reach the land" he says in boredom "ehh I guess we will someday"

Yoruichi hisses in displeasure 'SOMEDAY! IT BETTER BE TODAY!'

"Yeah what Ruru said! Don't you find it dumb that somebody trying to become king of pirates doesn't have any navigation skills?!" He scolds

"Hey Yoruichi didn't say that! It's not all that dumb I just drift around. What about you? Aren't you some famous bounty hunter that sails the sea?" He asks in confusion, turning his head towards him, still leaving half his body hang off the ship.

"I don't have any recollection of calling myself a bounty hunter. I set out onto the open sea and set out in search of just one man but then I couldn't get back to my village. By that point I didn't have a choice but to go after pirate ships to earn a living" he explains, looking up the clouds with his elbows on the edge of the ship.

Luffy and Yoruichi yelp as the buff man rocks the ship "Hey don't put it like that!"

The three look at the drifting straw hat, Luffy's face evident with slight distress as it rose.

"Oh no not my shanks hat!"

Yoruichi took quick action and jumped up before it could drift further away, catching it with her teeth. She feels a pair of hands catch her small body and put her down. She cranes her head back and nods at the swordsman in thanks.

'Did that cat just thank me with a head nod?!' Zoro thinks in surprise.

Luffy takes the hat from her mouth and pats her head "Thank you Ruru"

"Hey that's my nickname I use for her find your own!"

"Fineeee AHHH"

Yoruichi and Zoro both scream as a bird swooped down and grabbed Luffy's head, flying off.

Zoro paddles as quick as he can towards their captain, trying to keep up with the soaring bird.

'What's he doing just letting that bird take him like that?!' Her face suddenly shifts to a gloomy one 'That's right, I remember reading that people that eat a Devil's Fruit aren't able to swim'

"Hey stop! You there! Stop! Please! Man over board!"

"I can't believe we find ship wrecked people at a time like this! I can't stop you're just going to have to jump in!" Zoro informs the three men

"What!"

Yoruichi laughs at the men who managed to jump on in time.

"I'm actually impressed you made it on board" the swordsman snickers

"Are you trying to kill us!"

The man with long black hair pulls his sword out towards their rescuer with a smirk "stop this boat right now. The three of us are members of buggy the clowns pirate crew. This boat is ours now"

Zoro and Yoruichi give the group a murderous look.

"Hah?"

A good beating made the three men change their attitude. The feline sits on the man's shoulder with a smirk, watching the orange haired, curly man and chubby dark man row the boat as fast as they could.