十三

[13]

Wispy sunlight shone through the blinds of a fairly dim office.

"Ugh I swear if one more death is reported, I'll fucking skin the culprit alive" A quiet voice cursed as they typed several combinations of words into his desk top computer.

It was the 4th death reported that month but thankfully wasn't directly linked to a certain brunette. "Zero!" A loud yell came behind the door as it busted open with one swing, almost breaking the hinges.

"Rairu didn't I tell you not to open the door too hard?!" The chocolate haired scolded, his eyes unwilling to leave the screen of his computer.

"It doesn't matter right now! Rio just found a possible lead!" The strawberry blonde said giddily, handling a stack of papers if his hand. "A lead for what?" Zero asked in confusion, redirecting his interest towards the younger.

He grinned widely before proudly saying, "The unsolved mysteries; Night Stalker".

"Who the fuck came up with that headline?" Zero whispered to one, visibly cringing at it. "Send hashi and Luz to investigate, make sure that the process is thorough, I can't afford any mistakes" He orders confidently after regaining his composure.

Rairu obediently nodded his head as he firmly saluted, "Yes sir!"

...

Two Investigators from the HQ searched the said location of their culprit, unbeknownst to the others, Luz already knew as they are personally acquainted.

"I kind of regret not bringing Rio and rairu with us" Hashiyan said, fumbling with his camera as they trudged through the wooded.

Luz hummed emptily, not really listening as he inspected his surroundings. Lush colours of green as far as the eye could see and ever so slightly covered with a silk layer of morning dew. 

A few days went by and It was already their third day on the site but still no major clues, there were a few but everything was vague.

"I feel like this another dead-end" Luz mumbled, playing along with his script, he couldn't afford to leave any clues that might link them to Amatsuki. Thus the reason why he asked him to lay low for the next few months or until his case was frozen.

Fortunately the younger listened, leaving nqrse to keep him occupied. "Wait I see something!" Hashiyan called out, running towards a dusty old cabin. Something from a cliche horror movies.

The blonde prayed quietly to the heavens that it was just another cabin and it didn't belong to anyone but then again, he never really believed in heaven.

The two males entered the cabin with every step they took, the floor would creak creepily as if it would break any second. "Do you think this belongs to anyone?" Hashiyan asked, taking out his flashlight for a better vision.

Looking around, everything was covered in thick several layers of dust, dirtied windows that you couldn't even see through it, an old couch, rotting tables and chairs, safe to say that it had been months since a soul had entered.

They both proceeded to the next part of the cabin, it seemed like a bedroom, a desk with a chair, a child sized bed and same dusted windows.

Hashiyan went back and entered the kitchen where dried black splotches appear on the counter, floor and walls, seeming to be dried up blood all leading up to a cabinet but before he could open it Luz called out to him, "I think we should get back to HQ first and get some Intel" The blonde suggested patting his sleeve where dusts from the ceiling had fallen on.

Hashiyan nodded in agreement letting Luz give small sigh of relief, any more longer in that place and he would've sneezed to death, the second they exited the cabin, leaving the door tightly shut a sudden down pour cascaded from the sky, soaking the earth beneath it.

That evening forward a string kept pulling on the blondes' heart, a bold sense of heartache that something terrible is upon them.

...

A/N:
Sorry this too longer than
I anticipated (。ŏ_ŏ)

My phone suddenly commited
suicide while I was writing
The last chapters and I
Couldn't save it in time.

Sorry if it feels a little off.
‘︿’