Part 6

Hours passed and I haven't moved from my desk. I still haven't come up with a single idea. That music video was probably my best bet. All I do is screw up everything. It's the only thing I am good at. If I had kept my mouth shut I would still be in a group with the boys and I would probably be getting an A+ in on this project.

There is a sudden knock on my door that makes me jump. I turn my head and see my door slowly and watch as Drake slowly creeps in. My heart melts but my eyes somehow manage to just proceed to glare at him. 

"Hey," he says with a small grin that doesn't amuse me at all. When he sees my glare he loses his grin and lets out a deep breath. "Look, I am sorry that I haven't spoken to you. As much as I hate to admit it I was scared to talk to you because... because I blamed myself for you passing out and I didn't want to cause any more stress and make you pass out again" his words somehow made all my anger vanish and my heart melt. Somehow out of nowhere I suddenly find myself wrapping my arms around him and resting my head against his chest. Being able to hear his heartbeat and to feel his warmth was so soothing. What made it better was when he wrapped me up in his arms and me too. It made me feel safe and almost homey.

"It wasn't your fault Drake, I am sorry you felt that way and that you felt the need to do that... just please don't do it ever again" I mean my words with my heart. I just wish I could say this to him as his lover rather than his step-sister who has been crushing on him for so long. 

"I promise," he says squeezing me tighter. Suddenly my bedroom door swings open and I watch as Josh falls to the floor to my floor. Drake and I release each other quickly to hide any sort of 'out of ordinary' step-sibling behavior. "Josh?!" Drake raises his voice and quickly Josh stands back up. 

"Did you convince her to come back into the group?" Josh says with his usual innocent smile. It takes me only a matter of seconds to realize what's happening. I take a few steps back from Drake and slowly he turns his head with eyes of pure guilt. 

"You didn't mean a single word, did you? You couldn't care less about me... you just want to keep me in the group project. Why?" I ask the one-worded question only to come up with an answer of my very own. "Oh... you just want a good grade so you can impress Susan... just so she will stay with you" My head is telling me to just end it here. To not go back into the group and to do it alone. My heart on the other hand is telling me to stay with them. Not so I can be with Drake but so I make sure Josh gets a good grade too. "Fine, I'll stay, but you better keep Susan away from me..." I say walking out of my bedroom and into the bathroom across the hall. I close the bathroom and door and slide down onto the floor with my face in my palms and begin to ball letting the tears fall into my hands. 

I feel absolutely stupid for still feeling this way about Drake... after everything he has done... how could I still feel this way about him. ..