Six: Hot & Cold

“I heard from Yujin what you did,”

Hyewon tried hard not to roll her eyes from the suspecting eyes of her best friend sitting across the table from her. A heavy sighed was soon released by her after seeing how Yena won't stop giving her that teasing stare.

“What? I only told her things that will knock some realizations to her,” The blonde girl scoffed, trying not to mind how Yena's brow wiggles after hearing that statement from her. Hyewon just told her best friend everything happened at Eunbi's first experience working, for she knows, Yena wouldn't stop pestering her until she gives up and tells her everything.

Yena smirked at her, as expected of her best friend. Even if Hyewon's a grumpy and blunt person, she knew how the girl will give words that will give you realization especially if it's badly needed.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Hyewon scoffed out of annoyance. It's clear that she isn't enjoying how her best friend's attention glued at her.

“Such a grumpy ass,” Yena halted in her step, she hesitated to say something but in the end, she let the words roll out from her lips, “How is it going with her when it's only the two of you?”

Hyewon stopped on her step, she glanced at Yena shortly before giving her best friend a shrug as she entered her car.

Yena frowned, “What kind of answer is that?” She started the engine of her car after making sure that both of them settled in their seat.

“Nothing,” Hyewon replied timidly, minding her own business scrolling in her phone while Yena started to move the steering wheel and drive to her work. What else would she say? It's really nothing though.

“Don't tell me you're being an ass to Eunbi-unnie?” Yena asked, glancing shortly at the girl on her passenger seat before looking back at the street.

Hyewon shifted on her seat and raised her brows on her best friend. Even if Yena couldn't see her expression directly, she can feel how the blonde-haired girl's eyes are boring into her. If Hyewon is just a stranger to her, she would probably feel chills creeping in her system. But, she's used to it.

“I let her live with me, but that doesn't mean I need to be nice to her,” Hyewon reasoned out that resulted in Yena to scoffed loudly, she shook her head at her best friend's stupid reason.

“Ya, if you said it like that then it means you're really being mean to her?” Yena inquired again.

Hyewon clicked her tongue, “I don't think so? I mean, I'm not mean but I'm not nice.” She shifted her attention back on her phone while listening to Yena's rant.

“Ya, can you be a bit nicer to her? Eunbi-unnie's nice from the short moment I get to talk to her,” Yena uttered, she's trying to persuade her best friend subtly to let her guard down to Eunbi. Her intention of talking about this is she wanted Hyewon and Eunbi to get closer. They couldn't just go around fighting like a kid whenever they're around each other. As per what Eunbi told her last time.

Hyewon just stared at her before shrugging as a reply. Yena could only discharge a sigh before continuing to drive and the ride goes silent, with the music in the car could only be heard. She trusts her best friend, therefore, she wouldn't push the conversation.

Few minutes and they already reached Hyewon's workplace. Thank God, there's no traffic ahead of them, so they are quick to arrive. Both of them leave the car and head inside the restaurant, for Yena suddenly wanted to grab some snacks, only to be greeted by the employees working hard at the said place.