A cursed family

"Finally, the day for which I have waited so long came...And today, I'm gonna present my work. Finally, I'll pass this stage to welcome a new fully adventurous, and more dangerous stage in my life. Little by little I started getting closer to my dream. I'll soon be a graduate pathology specialist. It's my graduation day!"

Gloria was yelling excitedly that you can see her dimples so clearly on her face. She was proud of the high level she had reached, especially that the situation at home is imbalanced because of her alcoholic father and his violent behaviors towards them.

"Come on mom, we're gonna be late!" she uttered in a spoiling way.

"I'm coming honey, I'm almost finished, just a second. I wanna be so beautiful the day of my daughter's graduation!" answered her mother Scarlett, wearing her earrings.

"You're always beautiful mother" smiled Gloria; then, she added looking at her father who was sipping a coffee and watching a football match" Dad, you're not coming with us?"

"Why do you need me? You actually like your mother more than me, there is no need for my attendance" he said, roughly.

"Edward! Why are you just doing that? This is a special for our daughter, shouldn't we both be with her at least this day?" Yelled Scarlett angrily.

"Shut up. No one asked you for your view or asked you to comment. I'll not waste my time listening to shitty..."

"Enough of that dad, please." interrupted Gloria, "Just keep watching and enjoy your moment. Let's go mom" 
She was trying to sustain bravery and prevent her tears from rolling down.
...

" How long will we continue to witness this injustice?" said Gloria, pain was clear on her voice.

"It's all my fault... since I've miscarried your brother, he has been punishing me, and actually, punishing all of us. I'm sorry."

"It's never your fault mom, this is fate. But, I just don't know why we're still living with him, I'm really fed up and I can't stand this injustice anymore. Let's move and live happily, just you, Becca, and me"

" Sweetheart, I just don't want you to think about that right now. This is your day, please just be happy, let's forget and enjoy our day...Everything will be okay soon and you will be a pathologist"

" You're right mom, nothing deserves our worrying or sadness. Thanks for being in my life and always by my side" she hugged her warmly.

"Oh look, Brian is here!" said Scarlett pointing to a coming handsome guy.

"Hey! How is my Gloria! Are you ready?"

"Excited but a bit stressed" answered Gloria shyly. She approached him and murmured, "Didn't I tell you to not call me "My Gloria" in front of mom?"
Brian smiled at her and said" Okay babe, let's get in the car"

Quarter an hour later, they arrived.

The room was dark, illuminated by a large screen, much like the one in the cinema.

There was a girl on the stage, and next to her the professors and the principal. She had already presented her work.

She was easily improvising, talking with self-confidence, and without any fear while Gloria was watching her, surprised at how courageous and unstressed she was.

"Remember, you're almost at the end of your journey, this is not gonna triumph over you. You are much better than this girl, you can do it" said Brian, holding Gloria's hand, trying to give her positive vibes.

"And now, it's Gloria Moser's turn," said one of the juries, inviting her to the
floor.

"Come on baby, you can do it" encouraged her mother.