First day of work

My clock rang at 6 AM, it was the first time I like its ringing..I stretched drawing a big smile over my face; I jumped out of the bed excitedly, headed towards the window to refresh myself with the springy sunlight. It was a special day for me, my first day at work, as a police officer...I finally got that name, the name for which I have dreamt since childhood, Officer Elena McCarthy. Catching killers has been my purpose since the time I lost my father when I came back from school to inform him that I had the best grades and found him in a pool of blood.

I took a shower, wore my indigo blue suits, my hair in the form of a braid then I stopped for a while as I remembered an important thing, at least, it was important for me, did my husband really go to work without wishing me a good first workday? I tried as much as possible to prevent my mood from being soured, then I went down to prepare breakfast.

"Good morning Steven's princess, our new officer," he said softly smiling " Did you really think that I left without seeing this beautiful face!" he was tightening my cheeks. Many appetizing dishes were on the table.

"Did you prepare all of that?" I asked surprisingly but happily at the same time.

"Of course I did! Well, I have a talent, but I kept it as a secret for this special day!" He said confidently.

My eyes became wet, I found his back as the only way to hide my tears behind it and I warmly hugged him saying "Thank you so much baby, this really means a lot to me, you made my day, you gave me all the energy"
I never knew that that hug would be the last one.

"Let's all of us welcome our new colleague, officer McCarthy," said the Lieutenant.
And a call interrupted that moment, there was a crime. It seemed like the job was waiting for me more than I was doing, but wait, this address is where I live.

We directly headed to that place. The yellow do not cross tapes were in front of my apartment! What a coincidence,  first day of work, first investigations, first crime scene, in my place!

I moved on with the team until we reached the 8th door, my house!
The door was wide open, a dead corp was on the ground, covered with bloody curtains, it was my husband.

I fell onto my knees, looking at him in shock...the same image 17 years ago, but that time it was dad...
One of the other officers yelled, "I found his wallet, it's Steven McCarthy. We can say that this is the third victim for this week, same way of killing, same killer"