A rainy night

It was a rainy Tuesday night, the weather was gloomy, the yellowish green leaves were falling from the autumn trees, and only the wind was resounding in the ears.

Kevin was driving as fast as possible the bus after receiving a call, informing him that his wife Veronica is about to give birth. The mist suddenly filled his eyes and crashhh, an accident happened.

He was fumbling his head with his fragile trembling hand, it was filled with dark bloody shreds of glass.

He was wobbling between wakefulness and loss of consciousness, only seeing pictures of his wife crying on the childbirth table, asking for his help and calling his name repeatedly. Many questions were hovering his mind: would it be a natural birth or by surgery?, would her immunity be strong enough or, would this night be her last? It's her first time delivering a baby and she is just 20, would the baby be a girl or a boy? He should have been with her, as they decided to leave the matter of the gender as a surprise and promised each other that they would receive this surprise together.

He pulled oneself together saying "I will not break my promise, I'm, I'm coming Vero, please wait for me"

After a long trouble and pain, he succeeded leaving the upside down bus and started walking, swaying in the road, putting his hand on his head which has already been dyed with blood.
A few steps, Kevin arrived at hospital.
He was like a zombie, covered with blood and he was walking as a baby that still learns how to walk.

"Veronica Johnson's room, please"

"Just a second...it's 266"

He was hardly withstanding pains, and after a great effort, he reached the desired floor.

"Nurse, my wife, and the baby, how are they?"asked confusingly the first nurse that intercepted his way.

"Sir, you're bleeding profusely!"

"Don't worry about that just answer me please"

"I'm sorry...your wife delivered a girl and passed away"

Kevin's eyes were filled with tears, he felt like everything was revolving around him ;then, he fell down motionless.