Jonah's tree

The little autistic boy was sobbing out, sitting on one of the olive tree's branches. He was not accepting the fact that his family is obliged to leave the countryside to live in the city because of job reasons. He was looking at the tree, repeating" You are my childhood friend , and, and friends never leave each other. That's what mommy always says...yeah that's what she says to me" he put his little arms around the tree and hugged it.

A few minutes later, his mother arrived
"Jonah, mommy wants to talk to you...can you give her a few minutes?" She said.

"No, I know what you're going to say" he answered angrily.

"Honey, could you just go down?"

"I will not go down! You are a liar, you told me that friends never leave each other...why do you want me to do that now?!" His tears were falling profusely.

"Listen dear Jonah, life sometimes enforces us to do things against our will, then, you can take a picture so this tree stays always with you. You can as well carve your name on it so this tree will never forget you or your friendship. You know, friends never forget each other by leaving something special for them, plus, I have a surprise for you, don't you like surprises?" She was trying to comfort him.

"A surprise! What is it?" He said excitedly with shining eyes.

"Well if I tell you...it's no longer a surprise. But, this surprise is for you just if you accept moving with us"

"The little boy looked at the tree as he was asking for its permission, he kissed it and said:" Okay mommy...Olivia told me that I can go"

"So are we in agreement?" She said smiling

" Yes. .and do I have a surprise?"

"Sure. Your surprise is waiting for you."