Can money really buy happiness?

"Where are you taking me at twelve o'clock this hot day for God's sake? What would be this thing that made you hurry like this? I bet it will be something silly at the end, is that right?" Said Freddie making his eyebrows oppositely

"Could you just shut up and hold on, we're almost there" answered his brother Charlie in a way that you can hear him capitalize the letters.

"You know that I'll not forgive you if you did that just to prevent me from revising my studies, I'll..." said Freddie confusingly .

"Yo, easy brother. Come on, please, try just one single hour to not be that *good diligent hardworking student*, your studies will never fulfill your dreams." Interrupted Charlie giggling, pointing to Freddie's glasses as he was mocking them.

"You will never know the precious value of studying and of books." Insisted Freddie and signs of sadness were evident on his innocent face.

"Okay okay, enough of your unmatched dramatic lessons. We're at the place" exclaimed Charlie indifferently.

They were at a dismal abandoned place, as it was a remnant of the war.

"What's this place? I haven't seen it before"

"But I did. This place will be the window to our beaming future" said Charlie smiling.

"What? This is bullshit."

"Bullshit? Wow. Just watch me and learn. You will thank me for the rest of your life. Do you see that small cottage there...there are four men. Each week, they torture and rape a girl, then they get rid of her by killing and throwing her in the lake of crocodiles. Imagine, all of this is just for fun. They are real monsters, but this is not our work...we have to film them; then we will threaten them by exposing their criminal works to the police. I even know their names. Ben, Tom, Robert and Leo. We will ask for a huge amount of money. They are so wealthy."

"What!? Hahahaha, you really got mad brother. Are you serious? I promise you that we will do this when pigs fly. Listen please, money is not always the source of happiness"

"So your books will make us happy?! This is ridiculous. Please...this will really get us out of the damn poverty. Are you happy with this situation of living? Don't you want to visit Japan? Trust me brother, everything will be okay. It's a once in a blue one like they say."

"Oh really! You find that is the suitable way to get rid of poverty! Enjoying your life with other's money? And look who are those people! What a golden idea, never come to the mind"

"Okay, I'll do it by myself then. Take care dear brother, and read well"

Freddie thought for a while then said" Are you sure we can't be seen when filming them?"

"Yeah! That's my brother. Positive"

"How can you know"

"Because I came here a thousand times"

"The fact that no one had seen you before dosen't mean you can't be seen now"

"If anyone had seen me I would notice it, Freddie" answered Charlie with confidence .

"Brother, please be rational. Why don't we just go back. It's too risky. We're just 18, think again" said Freddie turning around again trying to grab his brother's hand to drag him back.

"No, wait"

"I rather..."

"Look. It's about to start...let's go closer"

"He will never listen to me." Addressed Freddie to himself.

They approached the cottage...there were a lady screaming and asking for help. Thoses screams were mixed by the men's laughter.

"Charlie, are you sure about that? They are four, and we are two. Afraid of saying that we will end as a delicious prey or a lunch for the crocodiles as well."

"Freddie! I'm really at the end of my rope. Why are you so coward and pessimistic? You sound like a broken record. Oh, damn it...they noticed us. Are you happy now. Let's hide quickly"

"Surprise! Do you have any work here boys? Or do you wanna have fun with us?"

Said the boss drawing a big smile over his face.

Freddie's face turned pale but Charlie exclaimed" You must be Robert, are you?"

"How do you know my name?" frowned Robert.

"I know everyone of you. I've actually made a good film to show people that monsters do exist" answered Charlie in a challenging way.

"Please, let us go. He's not aware of what saying " stuttered Freddie.

"No. I'm 100% aware. And now, we can have a deal. I'll give you a number and you will give me exactly as money as that number."

"I have a better offer for you. This one will make you rich forever." said Robert winking at his men but before that Charlie answers, Freddie hit the boss with his leg making him fall down so one of the other men shot him to the chest.

Charlie took Robert's gun angrily and shot him and his men after having a great fight with them; then he looked at his brother who was drenching in blood, breathing his last. He approached him with tears on his face and hands shaking.

"Run please...one of us...should be alive" said Freddie and closed his eyes forever.

"Brother..." cried Charlie, "You were right, money is not always the source of happiness. I'm sorry brother, I'm sorry."

His head was implanted on Freddie's bloody chest and he was sobbing out, not believing that he has just seen him dying. "You are my twin. We were born together, and we will die together" he added and held his brother's hand, pointed the gun toward his head and killed himself.