4○

Finding fikayo!!

Fikayo entered the house and dropped her bag on the floor. As old as she was she still did that. She had ordered the driver to go and wait for Mofe and Tofunmi in school not considering whether he would be bored waiting for more than 4 hours…she didn’t care, why ? Cause she is the daughter of an international billionaire..

“Naomi!!” Fikayo shouted as she sat on the couch switching the tv on.

“ma!!” Naomi shouted from the backyard. She rushed in and you could hear the kitchen slide door open and close sounding very loudly..

“I am here ma” Naomi said kneeling down
“so I should fry beans shey?” Fikayo said opening her phone
“you..you call” Naomi said looking confused
“you know I told you you that you are mad?” Fikayo asked looking up from her phone.

Naomi looked down to her toes…she was used to this so she just endured as usual.
“hmm?” Fikayo asked full concentration on her instgram page…
“change it to Black-ish” Fikayo ordered Naomi and she put her legs on the stool.
“what did you make?” Fikayo asked , she muttered kinda so Naomi didn’t hear…she stood beside her still

Fikayo stood up and looked fiercely at her “what is wrong with you? Or do you need hearing aids?” Fikayo ranted
“ma I did not hear you” Naomi said and as soon as she said it she held her mouth because she could collect  a slap.
“do you want me to repeat myself? Or what am I hearing” Fikayo asked annoyed.

“I am going to my room, let me get to the kitchen and not meet my food served you would cry today” Fikayo said carrying her phone and walking upstairs.

She laid on her bed then the theme song for drama after drama was on her phone meaning she had a phone call.

She didn’t answer but hummed the song..

Its drama after drama!!
Drama in the jones home
Drama everywhere they goo!!
Drama after drama…!!

She opened the phone after the call ended to check the caller id… ‘Daddy’ …

She quickly tapped to call him back..he answered immediately.

How she wanted to squeal and scream but she was civilized and now in SS3. She let pride take over her and didn’t start a conversation..

“hey dear” her dad said after a few minutes of silnce
“hi” she said curtly..she wanted to say “dad!!ohmagod..how I have missed you” but pride!!
“how has everything been over there” he asked her
“cool, mom is in Port Harcourt for a seminar, Mofe is I school so is Tofunmi” She replied shrugging
“wait so you are at school right?” he asked and her eyes bulged out.
“yes but we have a free period” she lied fluently
“oh..then read please” he begged
“alright bye sir”
“no no..chill, I am stopping by your school now” he said
“why? You are in Chicago now” she said as if he was joking
“your mom didn’t tell you? I am in Ibadan right now, Iwo road to be precise…so in 10 minutes I should be at your school” he said
“dad maybe you should stop home and change so you would just pick us” she said forgetting she was at home
“alright I am going home straight then” he said.

Then she remembered he was home.. as she  was about to talk he ended the call “bye sweetie” he said

Oh!oh! Musa has gone sef! If not I would have gone to school…she thought biting her lips.
She taught of taking taxify or opay but she wasn’t used to it so she made up a lie that she decided to come home to read since she had nothing doing in school.

She showered and wore a simple but classy black mini gown and her nike slippers.

She went straight to the kitchen and saw Amala and efo on the table.
Is Naomi mad? She made amala for me?? Fikayo thought throwing both the plate and food into the trash.

Naomi heard someone in the kitchen so she came and saw Fikayo taking indomie out of the carton. She looked to see where her Amala was and saw it in the bin.

Her food had been thrown away by Fikayo, why na? shey her food is in the fridge , Naomi thought at the verge of tears.

Fikayo turned to her and eyed her then hummed my lover by fireboy…

You sweet pass mango
You sweet pass agbalumo
No no where I wan go , omo mi o ma gbadun mo
Na only you fit do me
Baby don’t go go!!
You say let’s be friends o
Let’s take it gently baby me I no get benz o
I no get Bentley baby
All I got is love for you for you!!!!!......
“ma you threw my food away” Naomi said crying, Fikayo was shocked that the food was hers but she never liked admitting her mistakes so she avted how she acted normally.
“so I should turn my self into Amala shey? If I wose you slap ehn” she threatened showing Naomi the back of her hand and Naomi flinched.

“ma your food is in the fridge, jollof rice” Naomi said and Fikayo again felt bad but she couldn’t say sorry
“that shit that you cooked is food shey? Better throw it away before I do” Fikayo said and Naomi turned to leave

“is something wrong with you? I am in the kitchen and you are leaving” Fikayo said giving her a questioning look.

Naomi muttered a sorry and stood there while Fikayo changed the song to Life by Jon Bellion. She wasn’t with her phone and wasn’t familiar with it so she just sang the part she knew.

She wrote it on the bathroom wall with a different shade of lipstick LIFE ,LIFE…she tilted her head as she sang.

“ma someone is at the gate” Naomi said breaking Fikayo’s symphony
“so I should carry you there abi I should go and open it shey?” Fikayo asked  and Naomi who left for outside.

Fikayo heard Naomi shout daddy … Fikayo wore a very sad look when hearing that but she just shrugged and continued making her indomie.

“Daddy how was your trip” she heard Naomi ask her dad.

She knew she was supposed to stay in the kitchen but she couldn’t take Naomi calling her dad dad again. She clenched her fists and ran to the parlor. She saw Naomi sitting too close to her dad…while her dad was opening his box .

“Fikayo?” he asked looking shocked
“are you mad Naomi? You saw me cooking in the kitchen and you came here to chat.” Fikayo said ignoring her dad

“Fikayo what are you doing here?” he asked getting annoyed
“I came home to study since we were free” she lied fluently turning back to Naomi who had already stood up.

“get to the kitchen now!!” Fikayo ordered and Naomi obeyed …

“well Fikayo we would talk later let me go and get freshened up” Her dad said and stood up to go upstairs.

She ran to her room to watch drama after drama. She put her headphones in and settled in….drama after drama ..…

“daddy Torian is on the couch” Lizzy her favorite character said
“so what should I do dear?” he asked looking up from his newspaper
“I don’t know do something” she said in the black girl accent
“sure when he gets up” he said opening the next page
“who’s up?” their grandpa asked coming in wearing green trousers, checked red shirt and brown suspenders
“dad I told you not to wear these” The dad said frowning
“really?Toriaaannn!!!! get your lazy ass of the couch” the grandpa said hitting Torian
“what grandaddy I wanna do something” Lizzy said coming in with a tube of toothpaste.

Lizzy put the toothpaste on his hand and then used a feather to wipe his face repeatedly till he slapped himself.. and smeared toothpaste all over his face.

“what?” Torian shouted as he stood up
“uhmuhm” Lizzy said standing with her hand on her waste

Then everyone faced the camera …
“uhmuhm” while Torian kept trying to figure out what happened.

“Its drama after drama, drama in the Jones home, Drama everywhere they goo!! Daram after drama” they all sang. And the episode started.

I swear their drama is too much jare, Fikayo laughed posting “Drama after Drama *dancing* *emoji* …this time Lizzy is not in school!!!!!” on her status.
She watched till quarter when Lizzy ran away with the mail man then posted  “iswr my life can’t be like this ….*laughing* *emoji* their drama is too much o jare..” on her status.

Not knowing she was wrapped up in it..the drama!!!!!!!

Semise❤❤