Chap 8

At the end of the day as the girls walked to prep, there was only one topic on everyone's lips.

The new girl.

They all talked in hushed tones and in annoyance. Fikayo wore her house wear and checked herself. It was her exact size.

"I hate Yellow why was I put in Yellow house?" Fikayo asked no one in particular.

She grabbed her school bag and walked out of the dormitory towards the classroom. She practically had nothing to read. Fikayo sat down on her seat eating different chocolates and staring into space.

"See I wasn't lying" Tiolu said folding his hands.
"Just where did she come from to be opening her mouth like that?" Tiolu asked and Hakeem laughed slightly showing off his perfect set of teeth.

"That's what you get for trying to act like knight in shinning armor" Hakeem replied as Michael burst into laughter.

Tiolu made a pitiful expression immediately. "Why don't you believe me? She was really lost" Tiolu said.

"She has even insulted more than three of her classmates. She didn't end there, she finished Shayo at the hostel. I feel for Shayo who got her as a bunkmate" Tiolu said as Hakeem smiled lightly and shook his head.

"What does it have to do with you?" Hakeem asked.

"She'll get in trouble with those SSS3 students if she's not careful" Michael said as Hakeem shrugged.

"When did we turn to girls who gossip?" Hakeem asked as Tiolu shook his head.

"This isn't gossip. Everyone is talking about her. If everyone is, then its no longer gossip" Tiolu said as Hakeem rested his head on his palm.

"Your thought process is amazing" Hakeem said as Michael burst into laughter again.

"We have assignments abeg" Hakeem said as he flipped his note open.

"How long do prep take?" Fikayo asked the guy beside her.

"2 hours" he replied succintly.

"2 hours bi bawo? Are we reading for Olympia?" Fikayo said aloud as everyone burst into laughter attracting the perfect on duty.

"What happened?" The prefect asked.

"She caused it" Joyce said pointing to Fikayo.

The prefect frowned on sighting Fikayo. He looked at her locker and didn't see a single note on her table.

"Why aren't you reading like your peers? You are a new student, you are supposed to be writing the notes you missed and reading yet you are making noise. What's your problem?" He asked.

"The same problem that is making you talk like an idiot" Fikayo sneered and everyone looked at her in shock.

"Excuse me?" The prefect said in shock.

Fikayo turned to Joyce in mockery "Pele o whistle blower. As if you didn't laugh. Ode oshi" Fikayo said as she hissed and placed her head on the table.

"Yellow house girl, on your feet right now" the prefect said.

"I have a name" Fikayo said as she stood up.

"Are you mad?" The guy asked angry.

"If I were mad I should be in a mental hospital by now" Fikayo replied.

"What? Do you know who you are talking to?" The boy asked enraged.

An extremely good looking boy walked into the class and tapped the boy talking. He said a few words to the boy and he turned to look at Fikayo his gaze complex.

He sighed and walked out of the class.

"I am AGS, senior prefect boy, Maryorkun. If you have any problems, you can come to me" he said and Fikayo shrugged.

"You shouldn't get in trouble with your seniors" Maryorkun added before walking up to Fikayo who was frowning at him before pulling her by the ear and dragging her outside.

"Aish..... Maryorkun! Its hurts" Fikayo yelled as she was been dragged outside.

Everyone looked on in shock as Maryorkun dragged Fikayo out of the class. One, Maryorkun definitely knew Fikayo and Fikayo called him by name.

What was going on?

Fikayo slapped Maryorkun's hands off immediately they were away from a reasonable distance.

"My ears are precious you know" Fikayo said glaring at him.

"I can't believe you are really here" Maryorkun said as Fikayo folded her hands.

"How long will I be here?" Fikayo asked.

"I don't know" Maryorkun said with a shrug as Fikayo sighed.

She missed home. She really did. She missed her siblings too.

"You have to adjust to AGS. I hope you'll like it here" Maryorkun said as Fikayo sneered.

"Its your first day and everyone knows you already. You won't get any friends this way" Maryorkun said.

"I have you" Fikayo replied "The girls here are too low classed and are very lousy. I prefer Calixta to most of them" Fikayo added as Maryorkun laughed.

"You need friends okay. I'll give you a gift the day you get your first friend" Maryorkun said as Fikayo yawned.

"Visit the principal's office tomorrow to get your notes and textbooks" Maryorkun said.

Everyone watched as Fikayo walked into the class while Maryorkun stopped at the door. Fikayo was still wearing her arrognant and disdainful look.

Fikayo sat down and glared at Joyce "I have your time now. Are you mad?" Fikayo asked as Joyce turned to face her equally angry.

"What's your problem girl? Why are you acting like you are better than everyone else?" Joyce asked.

"Abi o" a girl said as Fikayo clapped her hands.

"I'm sha better than you" Fikayo said as Joyce hissed.

"You are just full of yourself" Joyce said as Fikayo nodded.

"You don't even have anything to be full of" Fikayo replied as the class erupted in laughter again.

"Let me warn you madam whistle blower, stay out of my lane. What am I saying sef" Fikayo said as she tapped the girl at her back.

"Let's exchange seats" she told the girl and started packing her things without waiting for the girl's reply.

The girl looked at Fikayo bewildered "Move nah" Fikayo snapped at the girl who hurriedly packed her stuffs to Fikayo's seat.

"Its people like you that ruin companies and business. Ode" Fikayo said as they heard a bell.