Chap 6

Fikayo brought her knees to her chest as she sobbed loudly. Her sibs reverbrated around the house and the house was surprising quiet as no one dared to make a sound.

Fikayo continued crying till she ran out of energy to cry. She slept off in a bent position. Having locked her room before she slept, no one could get into her room.

That was how she missed dinner and the next morning breakfast. Fikayo woke up with a slight headache. The previous day events rushed to her head as she felt her eyes redden again.

She dragged herself to the bathroom and looked at her expression in the mirror. Her eyes were red and had bags under them.

Her face was swollen as well. She looked so pitiful. Fikayo splashed water on her face and took her bath. She opened the door and decided to visit her dad and apologise to him.

She couldn't go to a public school, others would laugh at her! She couldn't have it!.

"Where's my dad?" Fikayo asked Naomi.

"He has gone" Naomi replied as Fikayo scoffed.

A man entered the house and looked at Fikayo.

"Are you ready?" He asked as Fikayo frowned at him.

"Who are you to barge into my house like that? You didn't even remove your shoes. Do you want to spoil the rug? Abi you have money that you will use to buy another one?" Fikayo asked.

"Your dad asked me to take me to your new school. He said we should tie you up if you refuse" the man replied as Fikayo paled. She clenched her fists immediately.

She knew her dad was a no nonsense man. He carried out his words and threats, that's why he was a spearheaded figure in the business industry.

"Let's go" Fikayo said.

"Do you have anything to take? You are going to be a boarding student" the man said as Fikayo's eyes widened.

"Ehn? I will have to eat those nonsense food? You are joking right?" Fikayo asked as the man gave her a small smile.

Fikayo darted into the kitchen and walked straight to the pantry. She carried a nylon and started stuffing in the snacks she could find. Her eyes had turned watery again but she refused to cry.

Fikayo entered the black RangeRover and discovered that they had prepared everything she would need. Her heart clenched as the driver drove out of the compound.

Since when had her dad been planning this? Even her house wear had been sowed and ironed.

"Don't think too much. Everything was done overnight" The man said seeing Fikayo's expression.

××××××××××××××××××

Tinkie was restless as it was already past two periods and Fikayo had not showed up. The class was surprisingly boring and none of them wore a smile.

"Did Fikayo tell you anything?" Tinkie asked Calixta.

"Does she tell me anything?" Calixta asked as Tinkie sighed.

"Why are you worried? She skips school well, she'll come tomorrow" Amarachi said as their class teacher walked inside the class.

She sighed and glanced at Fikayo's locker before facing the class.

"Fikayo is no longer a student of this school" she said as she threw a class into an uproar.

"What do you mean ma?" Tinkie asked.

"I don't know. Her dad sent a message this morning saying she would no longer be attending Laurel" the class teacher replied as Tinkie fell back into his seat in shock.

"Now that she's gone. The rest of you should work hard. That's all I wanted to say" the class teacher said as she took a glance at her studen.

They didn't seem happy as she expected. Although some ofghem were muttering 'thank God' they didn't seem like they were happy about it.

She glanced at Calixta and Amarachi who were talking in hushed tones. She sighed again and then walked out of the class.

"This isn't Fikayo style at all" Calixta said as Amarachi nodded.

"Let's go visit her after school" Amarachi suggested.

"Okay" Calixta said with a nod.

"I'll go with you guys" Tinkie said as both of them looked shocked.

Tinkie frowned slightly "I have personal business with her. What is it?" He asked as Calixta shook her head.

"Nothing" she replied.

Fikayo was digusted at the sight of Alele Government School. The school was surprisingly kept clean and tidy.

The walls were painted blue and white. And as they walked towards the principal's office, Fikayo scrunched up her nose at the sight of the students.

"Good morning Fikayo" the principal said kindly.

"I still bear Fikayo?" Fikayo asked and the principal nodded.

"Here you are Adeniyi Fikayo" the principal replied as Fikayo scoffed.

"Such a stupid surname" Fikayo said.

"You are in Hostel 3, Room 4" the principal said.

"I've notified the matron of your arrival so you can move in immediately. Aftermath you can start your classes after break" the principal said.

"Can't I start tomorrow?" Fikayo snapped.

"We have strict rules here Fikayo. Your father let me tell you that, the day you tell anyone your identity, that same day you'll join your cousin in California" the principal said and Fikayo paled immediately.

She was lead to the hostel and the matron could only watch in shock as Fikayo insulted the school structure and faculties.

There were about ten bunks in each room. Fikayo was given the lower bunk and she clumisly arranged her things.

She changed to the uniform and stomped her feet annoyed.

"Such an ugly uniform" Fikayo bellowed as she walked out of the hostel.

Her new school bag was empty except a few notes and textbooks. They soon arrived at her class and Fikayo glared at the students inside the class chattering happily.

The class teacher led her inside the class with a smile. The class went silent immediately and they all turned to Fikayo.

"There's a new student joining us today. Introduce yourself" the class teacher said.

"My name is Ola..." Fikayo started and swallowed her saliva.

"Adeniyi Fikayo" Fikayo said.

Smh🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️